Jinkee wants Pacquiao to get the best deal and then retire
By Chris Williams: Jinkee, the wife of Manny Pacquiao, wants her husband to get the best possible deal for his next fight and then hang up the gloves and go into retirement rather than continuing on with his boxing career.
Jinkee told Philstar.com “Yes, I want him to retire as in [get] the best deal and that [will be] his last fight.That’s why I told him not to rush to fight again. Rest more. He will be the one to decide when and whom to fight.”
Smart thinking by Jinkee. I happen to agree with her. If Pacquiao decides to fight one of his promoter Bob Arum’s Top Rank stable fighters next on December 8th then Pacquiao may be kissing goodbye to a cash out fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. next year. It’s too risky for Pacquiao to fight Juan Manuel Marquez or Tim Bradley again right now. If it was going to be the last fight of his career then I could understand it, but with a huge cash out fight against Mayweather available early near for Pacquiao, he’d be crazy if he were to face Bradley or Marquez.
Arum might want him to because it would mean another payday, but it’s not worth it with the way Pacquiao is fighting now. I don’t think he can beat either Bradley or Marquez. He’s slipped too much as a fighter recently, and those guys are fighting at a high level still. Pacquiao needs to sit this fight out and wait on the Mayweather bout so he can cash out without worry.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao tests negative for COVID 19; Mikey Garcia wants to fight him
- Malignaggi discusses Spence, Pacquiao vs. Garcia & Thurman vs. Porter
- Tonight: WATCH 5 hours of Top Rank Boxing on ESPN2
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao is an OLD man, leave him alone
- Danny Garcia: Spence or Pacquiao fights can happen this summer
- Malignaggi: ‘They did Golovkin DIRTY in first 2 Canelo fights’
- Joshua could fight Ruiz a third time – Hearn
- Brook: ‘I’m the guy to beat Crawford’
- Caleb Plant looking sharp training
- Canelo vs. BJ Saunders not likely to happen