Haye takes stab at Vitali’s win over Charr
By William Mackay: Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye doubts that last night’s fight between WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko and Manuel Charr in Moscow, Russia would have been stopped in the 4th round had the 41-year-old Vitali been the one who was badly cut over his right eyelid rather than Charr.
The fight was halted in the 4th round after the ringside doctor examined Charr’s cut over his right eye and concluded that the fight needed to be stopped.
Haye said on his twitter “I feel for Charr, as if roles were reversed, do you think K2’s regular German Doctor would have stopped Vitali Klitschko?…I think people know why I insisted on having a British Dr. be the one who looks at my cuts during the Wlad fight!. Donttrustklitdoc.”
Whether the outcome would have been different had Vitali been cut is immaterial. The reality was it was Charr who was cut, not Vitali, and Charr was getting his head boxed off through four rounds. It wasn’t like the fight was even slightly competitive, so the ringside doctor actually did Charr a big favor in stopping the fight because it enabled him to leave the ring with a little bit of dignity and hope that he could have perhaps turned things around in the next eight rounds.
Judging by how badly Charr was getting beaten by Vitali I’d say the chances of Charr turning the fight around are about 1%. Vitali would have had to have suffered a serious injury or he would have had to have gassed out something fierce for the punching bag Charr to get back into the fight.
What Haye isn’t pointing out what how truly awful Charr looked in there against Vitali. This was the worst looking challenger that I’ve seen Vitali fight in ages. Past Vitali victims like Albert Sosnowski, Juan Carlos Gomez and Kevin Johnson looked great next to how Charr fought. The Charr-Vitali fight was just a cherry picking fight for Vitali to get an easy win over a guy that’s recognizable to the casual boxing fans in Germany, as Charr is a popular German based fighter.
More Boxing News:
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- David Haye Not happy with Joe Joyce’s performance against Michael Wallisch
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey