Lamont Peterson not giving up his titles
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson refuses to be pressured into giving up his two titles, and is standing on the top of the light welterweight division until when and if the IBF, WBA and Washington State Athletic Commission decide to take them away.
Peterson said to Sky Sports News “Let the commission decision. Let the sanctioning bodies decide. Until that point I’m still the champ. I’ve never been a cheat. I don’t like it when people cheat. It’s just my word but the pellets didn’t do anything to help me beat him [Khan].”
You tell them, Peterson! It wasn’t the pellets that had Khan on the run last December, shoving, pulling down on your head and looking panicky. Khan looked like he been scaled by hot water. He didn’t want any part of Peterson and was running, shoving and pulling down on Peterson’s head like no tomorrow.
Khan and his promoter Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions want the fight results to be changed to a no contest, and Schaefer wants Peterson to be stripped of his titles so that Khan can fight for the vacant straps in his next fight on July 7th likely against WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia. The thing is Peterson was under a doctor’s care for the use of the synthetic testosterone that he recently tested positive for, and he wasn’t just using it on his own and in high levels.
Peterson was taking the testosterone to boost his low levels of testosterone to that of a normal person. This came after Peterson was tested by his doctor who round out that Peterson’s natural testosterone level was abnormally low. So instead of letting Peterson walk around with low testosterone and feel lethargic, the doctor treated him with testosterone pellets. But he only gave him just enough to treat his problem, and he wasn’t using it to get an advantage or anything like that.
I think Peterson shouldn’t be stripped of his two titles, and he should be able to defend them against anyone. It’s too bad Khan wants the results to be changed by the sanctioning bodies and commission, because it won’t change a thing about what happened last December. He still got exposed by Peterson.
More Boxing News:
- Lamont Peterson retires after loss to Sergey Lipinets
- Photos / Results: Sergey Lipinets stops 2-time champion Lamont Peterson
- Lipinets vs. Peterson – Sergey stops Lamont – RESULTS
- Lamont Peterson vs. Sergey Lipinets – preview
- Sakio Bika meets Lionell Thompson on FS1 Sunday, March 24
- Nonito Donaire motivated for ‘The Takeover’ at 118
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division