Is this mission impossible for the Hayemaker
By Kevin Mutch: It has been reported that David Haye has received an offer to fight Vitali Klitschko for the WBC heavyweight title he has until the 17th of December to decide whether he will accept or not if he does the fight would take place in Dusseldorf Germany.
Looking back at Davids loss to Wladimir Klitschko, it was obvious he was not at his BEST on that occasion he was giving away advantages in height and weight and the venue was in Germany, which is Klitschko land. But apart from that very early on in the fight, I noticed that his movement was not as good as normal.
To me it was obvious that the injections which he had to kill the pain in his foot had obviously totally numbed his whole leg. This meant he could not muster the punching power which we had become accustomed to so he ended up losing on points but NOW he has a chance to set the record straight.
Vitali is a lot slower than Wladimir and he is wide open, and on top of that he is nearly 41 years-old now a days. Don’t get me wrong, he is still formidable opponent but if Haye trains properly and really believes in himself, he could WIN this fight. He would need to come out early with his Hayemakers using speed, guile and lots of movement.
I believe Haye could bust up Vitali’s face like Lennox Lewis did. But it has to happen early because Vitali is very strong and the longer the fight goes the more chance there is that he will wear Haye down and finally cut off the ring to the point where he could end up stopping Haye like he did to Tomasz Adamek. Vitali, you see, is so big and he has this wide legged stance where he leans out of his opponents grasp, and that’s why so many fighters struggle against him to even land clean shots!
If Haye could somehow beat Vitali he would be on top of the world again is it possible though I think it is.
More Boxing News:
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- David Haye: I’ll come out of retirement for Joshua-Fury winner
- David Haye: ‘Joshua has the tools to beat Fury’
- Nonito Donaire motivated for ‘The Takeover’ at 118
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division