Chisora-Klitschko: How can Vitali be fighting a guy that’s not even ranked in the top 15?
By Scott Gilfoid: I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but Britain’s Dereck Chisora (15-2, 9 KO’s) isn’t even ranked in the top 15 by the World Boxing Council or any of the sanctioning bodies for that matter. How WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40 KO’s) can be fighting this guy is beyond me.
I’ve heard of scrapping the bottom of the barrel but this is getting kind of ridiculous. Chisora may have been briefly a fringe contender when Vitali’s brother was kicking around the idea of fighting Chisora but the man how now lost two out of his last three fights. That’s reason alone for Chisora not to get a title shot. How on earth do you fight a guy that’s not even ranked in the top 15?
How do you do that? I know the Klitschkos have been cherry picking as of late, but this is going a little too far. Shouldn’t Chisora have to at least have won his last fight instead of losing? He did lose his last fight to Robert Helenius earlier this month by a 12 round decision. I don’t care what people say about Chisora being ripped off.
The fact of the matter is he lost, so he’s got to get to the back of the line and let worthy challengers like number #1 ranked Chris Arreola get his shot. He may have lost to Vitali before in the past, but the guy has crawled his way back to the number #1 position, so he deserves to get another title shot. There needs to be a rule against champions like Vitali being able to comb through the 2nd tier ranks to pick out the recently beaten fodder in order to set up fights. I don’t mind seeing Chisora taking on some contenders in the heavyweight division.
Heck, I just saw Chisora lost two out of his last three fights to Tyson Fury and Helenius. The Fury fight wasn’t even close. Chisora got whipped in that fight. And probably the only reason Chisora did okay against Helenius was because Helenius injured his right hand, which was his power hand. That occurred in the 2nd round. Helenius fought bravely with only his left hand for the entire fight. With two good hands, he’d likely have knocked Chisora out cold.
More Boxing News:
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- Anthony Joshua MUST fight Oleksandr Usyk first – Alex Krassyuk
- 50 years of heavyweight fights we missed out on (1970-2020)
- Covid-19 – Boxing Schedule Update: JOSHUA VS. PULEV POSTPONED
- Whyte-Povetkin, Selby-Kambosos & Usyk-Chisora POSTPONED
- Dana White says Dillian Whyte vs. Francis Ngannou epress conference NOT happening
- Spence vs. Garcia, Tank Davis vs. Santa Cruz & Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2 planned for U.S boxing return
- Ryan Garcia: Teofimo Lopez is desperate as they come
- Tyson Fury ahead of Anthony Joshua in Forbes’ highest paid athletes list
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Jose Zepeda on July 7 on ESPN in Las Vegas