Khan and Hatton see Haye continuing with his career
By William Mackay: Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton both see former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye continuing on with his boxing career, and Khan thinks that Haye can beat one or both of the Klitschko brothers.
Khan told thesun.co.uk “I’m sure there will be more twists and turns in this story of Haye vs. Klitschko. And there is no reason why Haye wouldn’t emerge on top if there is ever a next time – whatever brother he fights.”
I think there is zero chance of Haye beating either of the Klitschkos, but I can understand how or why Khan might be picking Haye to win. After all, Haye is Khan’s good buddy and Khan previously picked Haye to beat Wladimir Klitschko in their fight last July. We saw how well Haye did in that fight, didn’t we. Haye got trounced by Wladimir in a one-sided affair.
Hatton also had his thoughts on Haye’s retirement, saying “David Haye should fight on to secure his legacy. He will be the first to admit he is better than his last performance against Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko. And I have a feeling in my water he might yet give it one last go.”
Hatton thinks Haye should continue fighting in order to prove that he’s better than he showed in the Klitschko fight. The problem is if Haye fights Vitali Klitschko, chances are Haye will wind up looking even worse than he did in the Wladimir loss.
Vitali won’t take it easy on Haye like Wladimir did and will be punching to knock him out all night long while not fearing Haye’s power. I can see Haye taking a beating in this fight and ending up getting knocked out well before the 10th round like Vitali’s last opponent Tomasz Adamek. I think the fight will happen between Vitali and Haye, but I also think Haye will get crushed and humiliated.
More Boxing News:
- Is Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook still a ‘BIG’ fight?
- Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook: Is this a cash-out fight?
- Kell Brook agrees to face Amir Khan in 2021
- Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook should take place in Pakistan, says Davies
- Josh Taylor beats Jose Ramirez predicts Regis Prograis
- Logan Paul explains reason why Floyd Mayweather exhibition bout postponed
- Ryan Garcia: I got to put Gervonta Davis to the side
- David Benavidez vs. Ronald Ellis on March 13th on Showtime