Khan changes his tune about Maidana-Guerrero, now saying Guerrero would make Maidana look silly
By William Mackay: It’s interesting to see how Amir Khan has suddenly reversed his opinion about the Robert Guerrero vs. Marcos Maidana fight in the span of only two months. Khan recently said that he thought Maidana would be too strong for Guererro. However, today in an interview at worldboxingnews.net, Khan said “Guerrero is a good boxer would have made him look silly at times.”
Although Khan doesn’t come right out and say who would ultimately win the Guerrero-Maidana fight, it leaves you with the impression that he thinks Guerrero would take the fight. But it is interesting to see how Khan has reversed himself with his thoughts about that fight. I’m left wondering if Khan is saying that out of truth belief or if that’s something said to get back at Maidana for his recent comments about Khan on his twitter page today.
Khan said earlier in the day that he thought Guerrero wasn’t really injured and was possibly given a step aside fee from Maidana. This obviously didn’t fly with Maidana, who said that Khan is ducking a rematch with him. Khan this on his twitter about fighting Maidana again “I heat him now why should I give him a rematch? Nothing to gain, he’s not on my radar?”
Khan actually would stand to gain a lot more in fighting Maidana than he would Erik Morales, who is considered to be a little long in the tooth by knowledgeable boxing fans, Lucas Matthysse or Lamont Peterson. Maybe casual boxing fans would like to see Khan fight Morales because they have no clue who Maidana, Matthysse or Peterson is, but the fans that actually follow the sport on a frequent basis what to see Khan fight Maidana and/or Breidis Prescott again. It’s too bad Khan is making excuses for not fighting them.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Amir Khan calling out Oscar De La Hoya
- Amir Khan targeting Keith Thurman, Manny Pacquiao & Danny Garcia
- Ryan Garcia: There will be no escape for Luke Campbell on Dec.5
- Kell Brook comments on Sky and Hearn not showing Crawford fight
- Hearn talks, Canelo, DAZN, Golovkin & Fury vs. Joshua
- Billy Joe Saunders faces Martin Murray on Dec.4 on DAZN & Sky
- Adrien Broner getting serious with his career