Khan’s chin is going to be tested by Judah
By William Mackay: I wish I could say for sure that WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan’s chin is going to be able to hold up under the huge bombs that IBF light welterweight champion Zab Judah is going to be nailing him with on July 23 but I have my doubts.
Khan is a lot like David Haye in that he really has very experience against fighters with power and speed like what Judah is going to be bringing to the table in this fight.
We have seen Khan fail miserably when he fought someone with power and size in his 1st round knockout loss to Breidis Prescott three years ago. We also saw Khan almost get destroyed by Marcos Maidana last year. Maidana hits hard but he’s really not that fast and Khan was able to run from him for a good portion of the fight until Maidana finally tracked down and exhausted Khan in the 10th and staggered him.
Judah is a lot quicker on his feet with faster hands and equally huge power when he sits down on his punches. When Judah is looking knockout you better have a great chin because he’s going to hit you with some artillery. Running won’t work against Judah because he’s so quick at cutting off the ring.
Judah is like spiderman with his quickfeet and all he has to do is intercept Khan one time and that’s it, game over. Khan’s job is a lot harder because he’s not a big puncher and will have to throw a lot of punches to get Judah out of there.
If Khan comes looking for a knockout, he’s going to give Judah ample opportunities to take him out with one big shot. And Khan’s habit of leaning forward and grabbing his opponents to hold them will be disastrous against Judah, because he has devastating uppercut that he likes to use on fighters like Khan on the inside when they try to hold. I think this fight could end very quickly if Khan starts with his old tricks with the holding on the inside.
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Oleksandr Usyk ready to “explode” against Dereck Chisora on Saturday
- Dave Allen taking risky fight against Christopher Lovejoy on Saturday
- VIDEO: Floyd is Right – Too many belts in Boxing
- Opinion: PPVs and Subscriptions – The Cost of Consuming Boxing
- Kell Brook – The Last Dance!