Khan: I’ve made some changes; Judah will be shocked on Saturday
By William Mackay: WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (25-1, 17 KO’s) says that he’s made some changes to his fighting style for his bout on Saturday night against IBF light welterweight champion Zab Judah (41-6, 28 KO’s) and thinks that Judah will be in for a rude awakening in this fight.
What those changes are is unknown. It could be just a bluff on Khan’s part, because he pretty much fights the same way every time out. Khan likes to run around the ring, especially against fighter that can punch, and he tends to throw flurries that mostly miss. Khan is a lot like Oscar De La Hoya with his flurries, but De La Hoya was a lot more accurate with his shots than Khan is.
“We’ve been working on fighting a southpaw, and on how to beat a southpaw. We’re working on new techniques and new combinations, and on Saturday night I believe you will see some new things, and I believe Zab Judah will be shocked.”’
Well, it’s no secret that the way to beat a southpaw is to throw a lot of lead right hands. But that’s never been Khan’s style, and if he starts throwing right hands he’s going to be at a risk of getting clipped by one of Judah’s hard left hands.
Khan doesn’t have the chin to take too many of Judah’s hard shots, and if Khan gets overextended from missing a right hand, Judah can end the fight if he connects with an uppercut. Roach may not be helping Khan out here too much if he plans on making Khan too overly aggressive for his own good. Roach is used to training Manny Pacquiao, a fighter you can take chances with because he can take a punch. Khan doesn’t have Pacquiao’s chin and if he tries to trade shots with Judah he might be sorry for it.
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Shawn Porter: Demetrius Andrade beats Jermall Charlo
- Jermall Charlo being avoided by Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin?
- Teofimo warns Lomachenko: ‘I’m putting hands on you on October 17th’
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet