Will Top Rank and Golden Boy peace mean Khan vs. Pacquiao bout?
By William Mackay: In the past when Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions weren’t dealing with each other due to the many issues they had with one another, there was basically no change for a mini-mega bout between Manny Pacquiao and Amir Khan. But with Golden Boy and Top Rank patching up their differences recently, a fight between Khan and Pacquiao came one step closer to eventually happening.
I realize that Khan has said that he and Pacquiao will never fight because of their friendship but I think Khan needs to open his eyes and realize that unless he fights Pacquiao soon, Khan may never get a chance to fight a big money mega fight during his career. I say this because I don’t believe that Floyd Mayweather Jr. will ever bother to fight Khan. I don’t see that happening no matter how often Khan drops Mayweather’s name in the media.
Mayweather just isn’t interested in the least. And then there’s the problem with Khan’s chin. He may not get past his next fight against Zab Judah. Once Khan is knocked out, he can pretty much forget getting a big money mega fight with anyone unless his good friend Pacquiao agrees to fight Khan. In that case, it wouldn’t really matter if Khan had one or ten losses, the boxing public would eat up the fight and Khan could at least get a good payday, even if it turns out to be the only real big one of his career.
I think Khan needs to push for the Pacquiao fight before he gets knocked out again or even if he does get stretched by Judah. It would be in Khan’s interest to take that fight before he starts getting beaten over and over again. Once Khan has been beaten a certain amount of times, I highly doubt that Pacquiao would take a fight with him. This is why it’s imperative that Khan take the Pacquiao fight sooner rather than later.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Canelo Alvarez unlikely to fight on September 12
- Jorge Linares vs. Javier Fortuna off for Aug.28, Javier still wants to fight
- Teofimo Lopez vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko: Bob Arum hopes to finalize fight soon for Oct.3
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 being moved to February 2021
- Danny Garcia beats Errol Spence predicts Jaron Ennis’ coach Acosta