Khan: Judah has never fought anyone as good as me
By William Mackay: I almost died laughing at seeing WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (25-1, 17 KO’s) getting interviewed by HBO last Saturday night before the Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Sebastian Zbik fight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. When Khan was asked a question about Judah, Khan said “I don’t think he’s ever fought anyone as good as me.” I wonder if Khan is aware of the fact that Judah has fought a prime Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Is Khan saying he’s better than those guys?
I don’t know how he could when Khan barely scraped by the slow as molasses Marcos Maidana last December. Somehow, I see Tszyu, Cotto and Mayweather all beating Maidana and beating badly. Does anyone really think that Khan is better than Tszyu, Cotto or Mayweather? I don’t. Tszyu would have Khan in a world of hurt if the two of them had fought in Tszyu’s prime. And Cotto and Mayweather would simply be much too good for Khan in my view. I don’t blame Khan for wanting to hype his fight with Judah, but he needs to keep things in perspective about where he is compared to the likes of Cotto, Tszyu and Mayweather.
Khan is a good fighter, but he also showed that he could barely beat Maidana. I think Maidana would have knocked him out had there not been so many stoppages in the action on the inside after Khan was hurt. Maidana was pounding the stuffing out of Maidana when he was being held by Khan, and yet the referee stopped the action on occasion with Khan getting belted around. I just don’t see Tszyu, Cotto or Mayweather being in the same predicament if they were facing Maidana, do you?
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall