Judah: Khan offering 45-55 and they get to keep all UK sells
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF light welterweight champion Zab Judah isn’t happy with the deal he’s been offered to fight WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan for July 23. Judah wants a 50-50 split of the purse, which sounds more than reasonable given that he’s more popular than Khan and easily more popular than WBC/WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley as well. Khan was offering Bradley a 50-50 deal, but isn’t willing to offer Judah the same.
Speaking on his twitter account, Judah said “It’s 50-50 or they can kick rocks. They trying to give up 45-55 and they keep ALL the UK sells. No way. I was born at night but not last night. That’s right. I put it out there Amir Khan. We both champs. 50-50 and it’s on. Stop lying to the people and do what’s right and let’s fight. Amir Khan for some reason he gave Tim Bradley half plus some. Why not me. All I want is 50-50 and ya #!@%# is whipped.”
That sounds like Khan is really getting over with that deal. Not only would Khan be getting the bigger money for the U.S cash, but he would be keeping all his pay per view money from the UK. That means Khan gets much more than Judah for the fight. No wonder Judah doesn’t want to accept Khan’s offer. Khan may not realize this but he really needs he needs a fighter like Judah in order to become a success in the United States. Without guys like Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr. showing any interest in fighting him, Khan needs a big named guy like Judah in order to get the attention of the public. Paul McCloskey won’t do it, and neither will Paulie Malignaggi. And Bradley won’t do it either, because even he’s not even close to being a star in the U.S. Khan needs a name and the closest thing that the light welterweight division has right now in terms of a fighter with a name is Judah.
Khan may not like sharing the pot for the U.S. money he really needs to – at least this time. Khan can always go back to fighting the McCloskey’s of the boxing world after this fight. But seriously, Khan needs this fight badly if he wants to become a star. Fighting Robert Guerrero or Erik Morales won’t do it. Morales is too old and he’s been largely forgotten in the U.S. The younger fans have no clue who he is, and besides that, he lost to Marcos Maidana. That’ll look real good Khan fighting an old guy that just lost to someone Khan already beat. That will just make Khan look like a royal cherry picker.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan ready to wait until crowds come back
- Amir Khan with NO interest in fighting without fans present
- Khan wants Mayweather and Pacquiao before retiring
- Amir Khan: ‘Kell Brook needs me more than I need him’
- Amir Khan wants Manny Pacquiao fight in Qatar
- Golovkin prefers Kamil Szeremeta over Canelo trilogy
- Tim Bradley says Shakur Stevenson could be the successor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Errol Spence doesn’t want a tune-up, targeting Pacquiao, Crawford and Danny Garcia
- Eddie Hearn doubts injured Deontay Wilder will be ready to face Fury this year
- Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2, Haney vs. Campbell & Prograis vs. Hooker in July or August in U.S