Judah says Khan fight almost done
By Dan Ambrose: Light welterweight contender Zab Judah (40-6, 27 KO’s) is saying that a fight with WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan is almost done on his twitter page. Judah, 33, said this on his twitter page: “Fights almost done. Judah vs. Khan!!! USA or UK?”
It remains to be seen if Golden Boy Promotions will actually match their fighter Khan with Judah, because it’s a dangerous fight for Khan because Judah is a southpaw, his excellent speed and can punch a little. Judah looked horrible in his recent fight against Argentinian knockout artist Lucas Matthysse, winning a controversial 12 round split decision last month on November 6th.
Judah fought well in the first part of the fight, but looked timid and tired in the 2nd half of the bout. Judah was knocked down by a hard right from Matthysse in the 10th and took punishment in the 11th and 12th rounds while holding and running. It was lot like Khan’s recent win over Marcos Maidana, only Khan looked even worse than Judah in the last three rounds.
If Golden Boy wants a recognizable name for Khan they can’t go wrong with Judah. However, this could backfire on them because Judah has the speed and power to take Khan out if he comes out fast firing with both barrels.
Khan has a weak chin and Judah hits hard enough to take Khan out. It might be better for Khan’s sake to be matched up against Breidis Prescott, because Khan doesn’t have the chin to do the same things that Matthysse was able to do against Judah.
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Jaime Munguia vs. Tureano Johnson – preview & prediction for Oct.30
- ESPN ranks Terence Crawford #1 pound-for-pound, above Errol Spence
- Eddie Hearn blew chance to ink Tyson Fury in 2017
- Gary Russell Jr wants Miguel Berchelt at 130, asks WBC to order fight
- Adrien Broner gives Redkach the Mayweather treatment