Roach says Pacquiao would lose to Margarito if they fought today
By Dave Lahr: With a little more than a month to go before the November 13th fight between Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito, Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach made a startling revelation when he said in an article at abs-cbnnews “We’re just begining to get the game plan down and get the timing and get the timing was little better. He did what I wanted him to do a couple of times. It’s a work in progress. If that Manny Pacquiao went into the fight, we’d probably lose.” Oh, this is bad.
If Roach doesn’t think that Pacquiao can’t beat Margarito right now, then there’s a great chance that Pacquiao will lose to Margarito next month because Margarito is getting a lot better than he was in his last two fights against Shane Mosley and Roberto Garcia. Roach seems to be panicking by closing the gym during sparring sessions so that writers can’t see how Pacquiao is fighting and pass it on to Margarito and his trainer. Roach is coming apart and starting to stress out at the potential that Pacquiao is going to get beaten up and made to look like a novice by Margarito.
It’s almost as if Roach is paranoid about the fight all of a sudden. I smell fear and I smell defeat for Pacquiao. After all this time of being matched against struggling fighters, fighter that are having problems making the weight, Pacquiao is going to be taking on the proud Mexican slugger Margarito in this fight. Everything is going to be easy for Margarito, because Pacquiao is being trained to keep away from Margarito so that he doesn’t get beaten up like Pacquiao was against Erik Morales.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao inks new deal with Paradigm Sports, is Conor McGregor next up?
- Manny Pacquiao interested in Conor McGregor fight
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Freddie Roach tells Conor Mcgregor, Pacquiao beats you easier than Hatton
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19
- Teofimo Lopez – Bob Arum lists options for his next fight in 2021