Roach thinks Pacquiao will knock Margarito out inside 8 rounds
By Chris Williams: Trainer Freddie Roach thinks his fighter Manny Pacquiao will knock Antonio Margarito out inside eight rounds on November 13th at the Cowboys Stadium, in Arlington, Texas. With Pacquiao having zero experience at junior middleweight and with Margarito having fought at that weight only once in the past six years, Pacquiao and Margarito will be fighting for the vacant WBC junior middleweight title in this fight. That’s pretty funny if you ask me. I guess the title is needed to help validate the fight, because I can’t see any reason for this match-up at all. Roach, naturally, thinks Pacquiao is going to win by knockout, saying in an article at Philstar.com “I’d be disappointed if we [Pacquiao] don’t knock him out inside eight rounds.”
Gee, you think? Margarito was beaten up last year by an old 38-year-old Shane Mosley, and now Margarito has been picked out for Pacquiao. That’s not even sporting. It’s like why fight a guy that was just beaten up? That’s like hunting when you’re game is caged up right in front of you ready to be shot to pieces. Why wasn’t someone that was at least winning and looking good chosen for Pacquiao? I think it’s pointless for Roach to even crow about Pacquiao knocking Margarito out, when it’s so obvious.
It’s like saying the sun will come up in the morning. Come on, Roach, tell us something we don’t know. How about telling us that Pacquiao will take on Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez or James Kirkland next and knock them out. I can just see that. No, I can’t see it because Pacquiao will never fight those guys, but it would be hilarious to see Roach predicting a knockout in those cases.
More Boxing News:
- Thurman still mentally struggling from his loss to Pacquiao
- Thurman wants Pacquiao, Crawford, Brook, Porter & Mikey Garcia
- Shawn Porter: I’m confident I’ll beat Manny Pacquiao
- Arum has Kell Brook as Crawford’s Plan-B if no Pacquiao fight
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Canelo vs. Yildirim purse bid rescheduled for October 6
- Hearn says Whyte’s career will be “terminal” if he loses to Povetkin on Nov.21
- Erickson Lubin ready for Jermell Charlo rematch
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk