Pacquiao offered to fight Khan before Cotto deal
By Liam Santiago: According to promoter, Bob Arum, the Pacquiao camp offered Amir Khan the chance to fight Manny Pacquiao before the Miguel Cotto deal was signed. Arum told the Daily Telegraph that the offer was on the table for Khan but he turned it down. Khan now looks set to fight Dimitry Salita as Pacquiao will face Cotto on November 14th.
Arum said. ”before we had signed with Cotto, Amir’s name was on the table, we offered him the fight, but his father and his family felt it was too early in his career. I can defiantly see Amir and Pacquiao meeting in the ring down the line”.
This would be a mega occasion but you have to say the odds would all be in favour of Pacquiao. Khan has all the attributes of a great fighter, but the chin issue will always be there. If Khan could stand any chance of beating Pacquiao it would be on points and at some point over twelve rounds, Pacquiao would clip Khan and he would not with stand the power.
He can continue to fight the likes of Kotelnik, Salita and Barrera and produce good wins but when the times comes for him to step it up a notch, we might all get another wake up call. I see Hatton easily beating Khan, even now, so I don’t give Khan the slightest chance against Pacquiao.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Canelo Alvarez unlikely to fight on September 12
- Jorge Linares vs. Javier Fortuna off for Aug.28, Javier still wants to fight
- Teofimo Lopez vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko: Bob Arum hopes to finalize fight soon for Oct.3
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 being moved to February 2021
- Danny Garcia beats Errol Spence predicts Jaron Ennis’ coach Acosta