Miguel Cotto vs. Manny Pacquiao Show down!
By Rick Santos: The sport of boxing has seen many mega fights in recent years. We can go down the list of the recent most memorable fights. There is no doubt that the 140 to 147 weight class is ranked in the top of the sport for many years.
The welterweight class has produced many great boxers, in the last three years Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto have done their share to make a name for them self’s in as many as four different weight Classes. The November 14, 2009 tentative date Bob Arum has set for this possible mega fight could go down as one of the Best the sport has seen.
Considering the styles of both fighters, it’s become clear that these two warriors will have something to say about how they are soon to be seen in the latest of great battles in the 140 to 147 weight classes. Both Cotto and Pacquiao possess styles and both posses what many might consider above average power for their weight class and the greatness to end the fight with one punch.
Still there are many Fans and experts alike that fail to rank Miguel Cotto in the super stardom category that Manny Pacquiao posses, even as Miguel Cotto list of opponents might have something to say about that possible title many as well believe that Cotto has earned by beating some of the best fighters in the 140 to 147 weight class has to offer, but only if this fight is officially signed, sealed and delivered will we know if boxing fans and experts alike have failed to recognize that Miguel Cotto is probably the most under paid and under rated boxer in the welterweight class.
It’s clear that fans in the United States and abroad are anxiously awaiting the official press release from the offices of top rank and Bob Arum saying that the fight has been officially made.
More Boxing News:
- Mayweather: McGregor won’t make the same money fighting Pacquiao as he did with me
- Pacquiao inks new deal with Paradigm Sports, is Conor McGregor next up?
- Manny Pacquiao interested in Conor McGregor fight
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Jaime Munguia vs. Tureano Johnson – preview & prediction for Oct.30
- ESPN ranks Terence Crawford #1 pound-for-pound, above Errol Spence
- Eddie Hearn blew chance to ink Tyson Fury in 2017
- Gary Russell Jr wants Miguel Berchelt at 130, asks WBC to order fight
- Adrien Broner gives Redkach the Mayweather treatment