Boxing News - Latest Headlines


Tom Loeffler

Loeffler says GGG could move to 168 to face DeGale after Canelo rematch

By Dan Ambrose: Promoter Tom Loeffler says Gennady Golovkin may move up to super middleweight to take on the likes of former IBF 168 pound champion James ‘Chunky’ DeGale (24-2-1, 14 KOs) in the near future if he beats Saul Canelo Alvarez in their rematch on September 15.  → read full story

Loeffler: GGG still questions whether Canelo was natural for first fight

By Allan Fox: Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin says Saul Canelo Alvarez has a lot to prove September 15th rematch, according to his promoter Tom Loeffler.  → read full story

Loeffler says Canelo-GGG won’t have Face Off/Gloves are Off program before rematch

By Jeff Aranow: Tom Loeffler says middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo Alvarez won’t be meeting for an HBO ‘Face Off’ or ‘Gloves are Off’ program before they face each other on September 15 in their rematch at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.  → read full story

Loeffler says Canelo vs. Golovkin II rematch will be at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV

By Dan Ambrose: Gennady Golovkin will be going back to Las Vegas, Nevada to fight Saul Canelo Alvarez at the same venue as his previous fight against the Mexican star at the T-Mobile Arena, according to Lance Pugmire.  → read full story

Loeffler says GGG willing to agree to 55-45 split for Canelo rematch

By Sean Jones: Gennady Golovkin has backed own from his 50-50 request for parity in his rematch with Saul Canelo Alvarez, according to promoter Tom Loeffler.  → read full story

Loeffler: GGG already beat Canelo and Jacobs last year

By Scott Gilfoid: Gennady Golovkin’s promoter Tom Loeffler was surprised to learn that Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya has already made an offer for Daniel Jacobs to fight Saul Canelo Alvarez for September 15, as he said he was still in negotiations with Golden Boy President Eric Gomez.  → read full story

Gomez: If GGG and Loeffler are bluffing, it’s not going to work

By Dan Ambrose: Saul Canelo Alvarez’s promoter Eric Gomez says the deal for the rematch against Gennady Golovkin is dead after receiving a counteroffer from his promoter Tom Loeffler for an unstated split that he finds unacceptable.  → read full story

Loeffler: Canelo is looking to fight someone easier than GGG in September

By Dan Ambrose: Tom Loeffler thinks the major reason why Golden Boy Promotions aren’t showing interest in giving middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin a fairer deal for the rematch with Saul Canelo Alvarez for September 15 is because they’re looking for an easier opponent for him.  → read full story

Loeffler says GGG wants 50-50 deal, Gomez is furious

By Sean Jones: Tom Loeffler says middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin wants an even 50-50 split for the rematch with Saul Canelo Alvarez, as he feels that as the champion, he deserves equal money after previously getting the smaller 70-30 split for the first fight last year in September 2017.  → read full story

Loeffler: GGG has never failed a drug test in his career

By Jim Dower: Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin’s promoter Tom Loeffler posted a message on social media that looks to be a disguised shot at Saul Canelo Alvarez by saying that his fighter has never tested positive for drugs during his amateur and pro career, and his body size/shape has never changed.  → read full story

Subscribe
Search

The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Facebook Button Twitter Button Twitter Button

Privacy Statement l  Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us