Boxing News - Latest Headlines


Oscar De La Hoya Boxing News

De La Hoya says Matthysse may be the end for Pacquiao

By Chris Williams: Golden Boy Promotions head honcho Oscar De La Hoya says he thinks Manny Pacquiao’s 23-year pro career could be coming to an end this month in two weeks from now when he challenges WBA World welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (39-4, 36 KOs) on July 15 at the Axiata Arena in Kuala, Lumpur, […]

De La Hoya: Canelo is going to stand his ground against GGG

By Sean Jones: Oscar De La Hoya says Saul Canelo Alvarez is going to stand his going to stand and punch with Gennady Golovkin in their rematch this time around instead of using movement to escape his pressure like he did last time they fought in September 2017.  → read full article

Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin is ON for Sept.15 – Breaking News

By Sean Jones: Oscar De La Hoya of Golden Boy Promotions has announced the news that the rematch between Saul Canelo Alvarez and Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin is ON for September 15.  → read full article

De La Hoya says GGG missed deadline for Canelo, “There is no fight”

By Sean Jones: Oscar De La Hoya says Gennady Golovkin missed the 24 hour deadline to agree to the 12 noon 57½-42½ purse split offer that was due today for the Saul Canelo Alvarez fight in September.  → read full article

Loeffler: GGG already beat Canelo and Jacobs last year

By Scott Gilfoid: Gennady Golovkin’s promoter Tom Loeffler was surprised to learn that Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya has already made an offer for Daniel Jacobs to fight Saul Canelo Alvarez for September 15, as he said he was still in negotiations with Golden Boy President Eric Gomez.  → read full article

De La Hoya: If GGG comes to his senses, he can fight Canelo in 2019

By Jim Dower: Oscar De La Hoya hasn’t entirely given up on the idea of matching his flagship fighter Saul Canelo Alvarez against Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin, but he says the rematch will have to wait until Cinco de Mayo in May of 2019.  → read full article

Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs negotiations have started

By Dan Ambrose: Oscar De La Hoya says that Saul Canelo Alvarez has given up on negotiating a rematch against middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, and instead they’re now looking to put together a fight against former IBF 160lb champion Daniel Jacobs for September 15.  → read full article

De La Hoya says Canelo vs. Golovkin II close to being done

By Dan Ambrose: Oscar De La Hoya says the negotiations between Saul Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin are very close to being done.  → read full article

Jermall Charlo: De La Hoya hasn’t contacted me for Canelo Alvarez fight

By Allan Fox: Oscar De La Hoya said last week that Jermall Charlo is one of the names on his list of backup options for a fight against Saul Canelo Alvarez on September 15 if they’re unable to put together a rematch against middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.  → read full article

De La Hoya: Only way GGG fights Canelo is on same terms agreed after first fight

By Dan Ambrose: Oscar De La Hoya once again has taken to Twitter to remind Gennady Golovkin that Saul Canelo Alvarez is “moving on”, and that the only way the rematch can take place between the two stars on September 15 is if GGG accepts the original agreed upon pure split for the cancelled May […]

ESPN+ Free Trial!
Search

The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Privacy Statement l  Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us