With an aggressive style and only 5’4’’ in height, Nick Ball is one of the most interesting UK fighters right now. Already a star on the island, this Liverpool native aims much higher. On November 18, he will be at the crossroads of his career.
(Photo credit: Queensberry Promotions)
Set just two days after Shakur Stevenson vs. Edwin Dos Santos clash, this card is maybe a bit overshadowed, but never the less promises a great night of boxing on November 18th at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. Presented by Queensberry Promotions and TNT Sports and live on ESPN+ in the US, the fight of the night is a WBC championship eliminator. Silver champion Nick Ball (18-0-0) faces experienced Isaac Dogboe (23-3-0).
The fight has what it takes to be a crowd-pleaser. Both fighters are in their prime, ages 26 and 29. Ball is number 1 on the WBC rankings, and Dogboe is just behind him at number 2.
Short and strong, with a fan-friendly style, ‘The Wrecking Ball’ has a chance to become one of the most popular featherweights out there. With controlled pressure, good footwork, and pretty decent power, Ball is effective enough and marketable enough to try and conquer the boxing world.
Whoever watched Ludumo Lamati and Nathanael Kokololo’s bouts knows what to expect. Ball was aggressive but composed for the most of these fights, showing some serious potential. Trained by Paul Stevenson, one of the most respected coaches in the UK, Ball has steadily improved his skills.
There is only one problem: Dogboe has much more experience. He fought two 12 round wars against the likes of Emanuel Navarrete and Jessie Magdaleno and has nine more fights under his belt.
Prediction? A slugfest that could go either way! More than enough to attract boxing fans from both sides of the ocean. So, does Nick Ball have what it takes to become a world level fighter?
Nick Ball vs. Isaac Dogboe
What time is Nick Ball vs. Isaac Dogboe?
- Date: Saturday, November 18
- Main Card Start Time: 6 p.m. UK / 1 p.m. ET
- Approximate Time for Main Event Ringwalks: 10 p.m. UK / 5 p.m. ET
- Note: The timings are subject to change depending on the duration of the undercard bouts.
Where can I watch the fight?
- In the UK: TNT Sports will broadcast the fight.
- In the U.S.: ESPN+ will stream the fight live. More information is available on their website.
Where will the fight be held?
- Location: The fight is set to take place at Manchester Arena, Manchester, England.
What are the fighter’s records and biographies?
What does the fight card include?
- Main Event: Nick Ball vs. Isaac Dogboe; Featherweight
- Other Fights on the Card:
- Liam Davies vs. Vincenzo La Femina for the European super-bantamweight title
- Ekow Essuman vs. Harry Scarff for the British, Commonwealth, and European welterweight titles
- Denzel Bentley vs. Nathan Heaney for the British middleweight title
- Nate Collins vs. Zak Miller for the British and Commonwealth featherweight title
- Hannah Rankin vs. Ema Kozin for the vacant WBC women’s super-welterweight title
- Sol Dacres vs. Michael Webster for the English heavyweight title