Boxing results: Katie Taylor defeats Chantelle Cameron!

By Ken Hissner - 11/25/2023 - Comments

IBF, WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBO Super Lightweight champion Chantelle ‘Il Capo’ Cameron lost a majority decision against former IBF, WBA, WBC, and WBO lightweight champion Katie Taylor, who regained the title she lost to Cameron in the main event on Saturday night at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland.

In the Main Event Chantelle ‘Il Capo’ Cameron, 18-1 (8), #139 ½, of Northampton, UK, lost to Katie Taylor, 23-1 (6) over 10×2 rounds.

YouTube video

In the first two rounds, Taylor had an edge, outlanding Cameron with both being warned by Referee Roberto Ramirez, Jr. for hitting behind the head. In the third round Cameron was ahead until a clash of heads caused a gash on her forehead. The fans started chanting “Katie, Katie!”

In fourth round referee Ramirez had the ring physician check Cameron’s cut. Then it was Taylor who was cut on the forehead in a winning round. In the fifth round the pro Taylor crowd cheered her every punch that landed. The fight is close with it going back and forth.

In the sixth and seventh rounds they would brawl and clinch then hit behind the head of one another. Cameron also cut on the bridge of her nose.

In the eighth round Cameron was landing uppercuts while Taylor right crosses. Each round is all action.

In the ninth round and final tenth, the action continued right to the bell in a war and close fight.

The Scores 95-95, 98-92, and 96-94 as did KH.

Southpaw Gary ‘The Diva’ Cully, 17-1 (10) won a split decision over WBA Continental Lightweight champion Reece Mould, 18-1 (6) over 10 rounds.

In the first three rounds the taller southpaw Cully boxed well enough to take the early rounds. In the fourth through the seventh rounds Mould came forward and Cully out-landed him.

In the eighth and ninth rounds Cully continued out boxing the shorter Mould. In the tenth and final round Cully was landing two and three punch combinations.

Referee Emile Tiedt Scores 97-93, 96-93 and 93-97 as did KH.

WBC Interim World Feather champ southpaw Skye Nicolson, 9-0 (1) stopped Lucy Wildheart, 10-3 (4) at 1:11 of the ninth of a scheduled 10×2 rounds.

In the third and fourth round Nicolson out landed Wildheart almost at will. In the fourth through the eighth Nicolson had the edge big.
In the ninth round Nicolson had Wildheart defenseless when her corner threw in the towel.

The Referee was David John Irving.

Southpaw Paddy ‘The Real Deal’ Donovan, 11-0 (8), #146 ½, of Limerick, IRE, Danny Ball, 13-1-1 (6) at 2:41 of the fourth round of a scheduled 10 rounds for the vacant WBA Continental Welter title.

In the fourth round Donovan dropped Ball twice forcing Ball’s corner to throw in the towel.

The referee was Padraig O’Reachtagain.

Southpaw John ‘The Kid’ Cooney, 10-0 (3) stopped Liam Gaynor, 10-5 (0) at 1:29 of the first round of a scheduled 10 rounds, for the vacant BBBofC Celtic Super Feather title.

In the first round Cooney dropped Gaynor causing Referee Paul McCullagh to call a halt.

Super Feather Zelfa ‘Brown Flash’ Barrett, 30-2 (16) defeated Costin Ion, 10-5-2 (5) by an 8 rounds points decision.

In the seventh round Ion was cut over the right eye. The referee Padraig O’Reachtagain scored it 78-75.

Heavyweight southpaw Thomas “The Bomber” Carty, 7-0 (6) stopped southpaw Dan ‘The Reaper Man’ Garber, 5-2 (1) at 2:19 of the eighth and final round.

In a fight of a pair of southpaws neither had much of an edge through the first four rounds. In the fifth and sixth rounds, Carty took over. In the eighth and final round Carty scored a knockdown causing Referee Paul McCullagh to call a halt at that time.

Light Heavyweight Jamie Morrissey, 5-1-1 (1) stopped by Emmet Brennan, 2-0 (1) at 2:12 of the 8th and final round.

In the fourth Brennan started to take over through the seventh rounds. In the eighth and final round Morissey’s corner threw in the towel.

The referee was Paul McCullagh.

Lightweight Giorgio Visioli, 0-0 (0) defeated Lee Anthony Sibley, 0-0 (0), #133 ½, of Luton, Bedfordshire, UK at 1:21 of the first round of a four rounds.

In the first round, Visioli overwhelmed Siblley with a flurry, knocking him down when Referee Emile Tiedt waved it off.