Gervonta Davis reacts to Teofimo Lopez fight being postponed due to COVID 19
By Sean Jones: Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis isn’t buying Teofimo Lopez’s COVID 19 excuse for him postponing his previously scheduled June 19th fight against George Kambosos Jr. Tank says Teofimo doesn’t have COVID 19, he canceled because his fight with Kambosos Jr (19-0, 10 KOs) wasn’t selling tickets.
The Teofimo vs. Kambosos Jr fight has now been rescheduled for August 14th. It will be interesting to see if it goes down on that date or if it gets postponed again for some other reason.
Sean Jones is wondering where Teofimo’s doctor’s note was to verify that he had tested positive for COVID 19. It would have been an easy thing for Teofimo to quash the nasty rumors of him pulling out due to poor ticket sales if he had posted the doctor’s note.
If Teo posted the doctor’s note, no one could say that he wasn’t sick. So how about it?
Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe revealed BEFORE the postponement of the Teofimo-Kambosos Jr fight that the ticket prices had been slashed dramatically from $175 to $2500 to $40-$400
Gervonta says Teofimo can’t sell tickets
“That boy can’t sell no f**** tickets; that’s why it got canceled,” said Gervonta Davis to ESNEWS when asked about his thoughts on the Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr fight being postponed until August due to Teo coming down with COVID 19. “He [Teofimo] didn’t have corona.“Your ticket prices for your big PPV event originally were $175 to $2500; now they are $40-$400. Y’all f**** w the wrong people.
“Teo and his pops have told everyone they are predicting 2m PPV buys for his fight against Kambosas. One thing for sure, prior to [Teo] testing positive, ticket sales were completely trash,” said Ellerbe about the ticket sales for the Teofimo vs. Kambosos Jr fight before it was postponed due to Teo’s unfortunate COVID 19 news.
By now you’ve heard the news that I have had to withdraw from the fight due to COVID.
Being a champion means doing hard things. NO EXCEPTIONS. And I choose to keep my fellow athletes safe.
— Teofimo Lopez (@TeofimoLopez) June 16, 2021
If the Teofimo vs. Kamboso Jr was postponed due to poor ticket sales, you have to believe they’re going to run into the same problem on August 14th as well.
It’s such a terrible fight on paper, and it doesn’t matter how far into the future it’s kicked. The fact of the matter is, Tefimo vs. Kamboso Jr isn’t a PPV-worthy fight, which is why Top Rank promoter Bob Arum wasn’t eager to make it a marquee-level fight for ESPN.
- Teofimo Lopez refusing to move off Oct.4th date like Triller wants
- Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr could be moved to October 16th at Barclays Center
- George Kambosos Jr: says he’ll fight Lomachenko after beating Teofimo Lopez
- George Kambosos Jr ready to beat fake champion Teofimo Lopez on Oct.4th