Jaron Ennis vs. Sergey Lipinets – live results
By Matt Lieberman: Unbeaten welterweight contender Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis (27-0, 25 KOs) defeated former IBF 140-lb champion Sergey Lipinets (16-2-1, 12 KOs) by a sixth-round knockout on Saturday night in a fight on Showtime Boxing from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Ennis, 23, dropped Lipinets with a left to the head in the sixth. The fight was then halted at 2:11.
Earlier in the fight, Ennis appeared to knock Lipinets down in the fourth, but he wasn’t given credit for the knockdown due to the referee calling it a slip. Fortunately, the blown call didn’t change the outcome of the fight.
It was a good victory for Ennis, who now is one or two fights away from a world title shot.
Boxing News 24 will be giving live updates of the action below:
- Unbeaten welterweight contender Eimantas Stanionis (13-0, 9 KOs) defeated Thomas Dulorme (25-5-1, 16 KOs) by a 12 round unanimous decision in a WBA 147-lb title eliminator. The scores were 115-113, 116-112, 117-111. Boxing News 24 scored 115-113 for Stanionis. With the win, Eimantas is now the mandatory for WBA champion Yordenis Ugas. If Errol Spence fights Ugas in July, as it’s believed that he will, Eimantas will fight the winner of that contest.
- IBF super flyweight champion Jerwin Ancajas (33-1-2, 22 KOs) defeated #3 IBF contender Jonathan Rodriguez (22-2, 16 KOs) y a competitive 12 round unanimous decision. The scores were 115-112, 116-111, 117-110. Ancajas dropped Rodriguez hard in the eighth round. For the rest of the way, the heavy-handed Ancajas got the better of the action. with the win, Ancajas says he’d like to take on Roman ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez, as well as the winner of the fights between Juan Francisco Estrada and Chocolatito, and Carlos Cuadras and Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. It’s going to take a while for all of those fights to play out, however.
Where to watch Jaron Ennis vs. Sergey Lipinets
Jaron Ennis vs. Sergey Lipinets can be seen on Showtime Boxing. The start time for the card is at 9:00 p.m. ET. the location for the fight is at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
In the co-feature bout, welterweight contender Eimantas Stanionis takes on Thomas Dulorme in a WBA 147-lb title eliminator. IBF super flyweight champion Jerwin Ancajas defends against #3 contender Jonathan Rodriguez.
Jaron Ennis vs. Sergey Lipinets undercard:
Eimantas Stanionis vs, Thomas Dulorme
Jerwin Ancajas vs. Jonathan Rodriguez
Undefeated welterweight contender Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis will be fighting tonight in a 12 round fight against Sergey Lipinets on Showtime at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Ennis (26-0, 24 KOs) puts his unbeaten record on the line in this main event fight with a start time of the card at 9 pm ET.
Ennis, 23, is hoping that a victory over Lipinets (16-1-1, 12 KOs) will help him leapfrog over other contenders to earn him a title shot against champions Errol Spence Jr or Terence Crawford.
Boots thinks he’s more than ready to challenge those two champions, but I guess we’ll have a good idea after tonight if he is or not
- Is Jaron “Boots” Ennis A Future Champion or Not?
- Jaron Ennis wants Keith Thurman next
- Jaron Ennis wants Keith Thurman and Yordenis Ugas next
- Boxing Results: Jaron Ennis defeats Sergey Lipinets