McGregor vs Guerfi ESPN+ Weights & Photos
ESPN+ Streaming action begins at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT – Bantamweight phenom Lee McGregor has captured British and Commonwealth titles. He is now ready to conquer Europe. McGregor, from Edinburgh, Scotland, will challenge European bantamweight champion Karim Guerfi in a 12-round showdown this Friday, March 19 from the University of Bolton Stadium in Bolton, England.
IFL TV BROADCAST BEGINS 7:00PM GMT / 3:00PM EST / 12:00PM PT
Super-Bantamweight, 6 Rounds
SHABAZ MASOUD (122lbs 5oz) vs. LOUIS NORMAN (121lbs 14oz)
Super-Featherweight, 4 Rounds
SEAN DUFFY (134lbs) vs. PAUL HOLT (134lbs)
Super-Welterweight, 6 Rounds
ERYK APRESYAN (152lbs 11oz) vs. NATHAN BENDON (153lbs)
Super-Lightweight, 8 Rounds
JAMIE ROBINSON (141lbs 12oz) vs. BILLY ALLINGTON (141lbs 5oz)
Vacant British Lightweight Title, 12 Rounds
MAXI HUGHES (134lbs 1oz) vs. PAUL HYLAND JNR (134lbs 9oz)
European Bantamweight Title, 12 Rounds
KARIM GUERFI (117lbs 6oz) vs. LEE MCGREGOR (118lbs)
Guerfi-McGregor will headline a card streaming live and exclusively in the United States on ESPN+ starting at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT.
Guerfi (29-4, 9 KOs), from Manosque, France, is a three-time European bantamweight champion who challenged for an interim flyweight world title in 2012. He has not fought since November 2019, when he knocked out countryman Georges Ory in nine rounds.
Guerfi has won his last three European bantamweight title bouts, all by knockout. McGregor (9-0, 7 KOs) captured the Commonwealth bantamweight crown in October 2018 in just his fifth pro bout, knocking out Thomas Essomba in the 12th round.
He unified the British and Commonwealth crowns in November 2019 with a razor-thin split decision over Ukashir Farooq. McGregor returned from a career-long layoff last August and stopped Ryan Walker in five rounds.
In other streaming action:
- The streaking Maxi Hughes (22-5-2, 4 KOs) will battle Belfast veteran Paul Hyland Jr. (20-2, 7 KOs) in a 12-rounder for the vacant British lightweight title. Hughes has scored upset victories in his last two bouts with decisions over the previously unbeaten Viktor Kotochigov and former world title challenger Jono Carroll. Hyland is coming off a June 2019 knockout loss to Francesca Patera for the European lightweight title.
- Belfast-born super middleweight contender Padraig “The Hammer” McCrory (11-0, 5 KOs) will fight fellow unbeaten Germaine Brown (9-0, 3 KOs) in an eight-rounder. McCroy is coming off last September’s first-round blitzing of the normally durable Mickey Ellison.
- In an eight-round junior welterweight bout, Jamie Robinson (10-4-1, 3 KOs), winner of four straight, will look to make it five in a row against Billy Allington (8-1-2).
- Undefeated junior middleweight prospect Eryk Apresyan (7-0, 5 KOs) makes his UK debut against Nathan Bendon (3-3-1, 1 KO) in a six-rounder.
- The ESPN+ stream is scheduled to start with the return of junior featherweight prospect Shabaz Masoud (7-0, 1 KO) against nine-year veteran Louis Norman (14-8-1, 2 KOs) in a six-rounder.
- Chris Colbert faces Tugstsogt “King Tug” Nyambayar on July 3 on Showtime
- Vasily Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani undercard for Saturday
- Carlos Adames battles Alexis Salazar on Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barrios undercard on Saturday
- Leon Lawson vs. Nathaniel Gallimore on Sunday, June 27th on Fox