Joshua vs. Pulev: 1000 tickets on sale this Friday for Dec.12th fight
By Charles Brun: 1,000 tickets will go on sale this Friday, December 4th, for the Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev fight on December 12th at the SSE Arena in London, England.
The card will be shown on DAZN in the United States and on Sky Box Office PPV in the United Kingdom at £24.95 per household.
As one would expect, there will be strict safety measures to ensure safety for the Joshua-Pulev fight fans. Masks will be required, and no one allowed in if they are currently ill with COVID-19.
Ticket prices for Joshua vs. Pulev:
£100, £200, £300, £500 and £1,000.
With the Joshua vs. Pulev fight card going for £24.95 on Sky Box Office pay-per-view, which is the same price as the far bigger contest between AJ and Andy Ruiz Jr last year in December in Saudi Arabia, fans feel that the ticket prices should be better priced.
Fans would have liked to have seen the PPV prices on Sky return to the £19 range, but according to Matchroom Boxing head honcho Eddie Hearn, the £24.95 is here to stay for Joshua’s cards. The only deviation will be an increase of £29.95 when Joshua faces Tyson Fury in 2021.
Many boxing fans on social media aren’t too happy about the tickets’ price because they feel they should be sold at a lower price, given the pandemic and the staggering unemployment that has devastated the world economy.
Many boxing fans would like to see Matchroom giving them a break by lowering the prices for Joshua’s fights during these tough times that we’re having with the crippling pandemic, which doesn’t appear to be lessening its hold on the world.
Joshua (23-1, 21 KOs) will be defending his IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight titles against the 39-year-old IBF mandatory Pulev (28-1, 14 KOs). The 6’4 1/2″ Bulgarian fighter Pulev earned the IBF mandatory position two years ago by defeating Hughie Fury in a title eliminator.
To say that the International Boxing Federation made it easy for Pulev to earn his title shot against Joshua is an understatement. Sanctioning the Hughie fight as an IBF title eliminator was essentially lobbing a pitch for Pulev to hit out of the park.
The IBF made it too easy for Pulev, and now the fans get to see Joshua face an opponent with very little chance of even being competitive.
Undercard fights for Joshua vs. Pulev:
- Lawrence Okolie (14-0, 11 KOs) vs. Krzysztof Glowacki for vacant WBO cruiserweight strap. This is the co-feature bout on the card, and one can only hope that Okolie doesn’t clinch all night and put fans to sleep before the Joshua vs. Kubrat main event.
- Hughie Fury (24-3, 14 KOs) vs. Mariusz Wach (36-6, 19 KOs)
- Martin Bakole (15-1, 12 KOs) vs. Sergey Kuzmin (15-1, 11 KOs)
- Souleymane Cissoko (11-0, 7 KOs) vs. Kieron Conway (15-1-1, 3 KOs)
- Ramla Ali (1-0) vs. Vanesa Caballero (3-9-3)
- Qais Ashfaq (8-1, 3 KOs) vs. Ashley Lane (14-9-2, 1 KO).
We look forward to seeing 1,000 of you for #JoshuaPulev 🙌
— Matchroom Boxing (@MatchroomBoxing) December 2, 2020
- Anthony Joshua vs. Deontay Wilder not happening in January
- Eddie Hearn dismisses Zhilei Zhang as threat to Anthony Joshua
- Eddie Hearn open to Zhilei Zhang fighting Anthony Joshua in December
- Anthony Joshua vs. Zhilei Zhang in China interests Hearn