Angel Garcia warns Errol Spence, “we purging” on Nov.21
By Dan Ambrose: Trainer Angel Garcia posted a warning on social media on Saturday, letting IBF/WBC welterweight champion Errol ‘The Truth’ Spence know that challenger Danny ‘Swift’ Garcia will be “purging” when they fight on November 21. Spence vs. Garcia will be shown on Fox pay-per-view.
Garcia (36-2, 21 KOs) will be looking to capture Spence’s IBF and WBC 147-lb belts on the night. It’s hard to believe that it’s been three years since Danny lost his WBC welterweight strap against Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman by a 12 round split decision in March 2017.
Danny needs this win to turn his sagging career around, seeing that he’s been spinning his wheels going nowhere for the last three years. At 32, Garcia isn’t getting any younger, and there aren’t any paper title or vacant straps at 147 for him to take advantage of right now.
Danny won his world titles in the past beating these fighters:
- Erik Morales – vacant WBC light-welterweight
- Amir Khan – WBA 140-lb
- Robert Guerrero – vacant WBC welterweight
Morales was well past his prime and fighting above his natural weight class of 122 when he fought Danny Garcia in 2012 at 140. As for Khan, he had a chin problem that had already been exposed by Breidis Prescott in 2008. Robert Guerrero was past it as well when Danny fought him.
In 2018, Garcia fought Shawn Porter for the vacant World Boxing Council 147lb title but came up short in losing a narrow 12 round unanimous decision.
Angel Garcia warns Errol Spence
“November 21st, we purging, baby,” said Angel Garcia on social media in talking about Danny’s fight against Specie.
“Start helping these young boys. I’ll leave the king sleep, man. You know, don’t wake the king up, man. Do you know what I’m saying? Purge.”
The way that Angel is talking, he seems to be very confident of Danny winning, as if he knows a secret on how to beat Spence. Angel is a smart trainer, and he’s likely dissected Spence’s game by now an spotted a flaw that he believes his son Garcia can exploit on November 21.
Danny Garcia’s advantages:
- Power – Garcia is a bigger puncher than anyone Spence has ever fought before.
All those things mean that for Spence to beat Danny, he’s going to need to go the full 12 rounds, and that’s going to be hard to do. Spence will get hit a lot by big shots, and if his brain is malfunctioning from his car crash from last October, we could see Danny win.
More Boxing News:
- Keith Thurman says he’s fighting Errol Spence in 2021
- Errol Spence targeting Canelo Alvarez for fight at 160 at Cowboys’ Stadium
- Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell possible for afternoon on Dec.5th
- Errol Spence: People want to see if I’ve lost a step
- Danny Garcia and Errol Spence mix it up on 12/5 in front of Live fans in Texas
- Mayweather: McGregor won’t make the same money fighting Pacquiao as he did with me
- Chisora hoping win over Usyk leads to trilogy against Fury
- Mikey Garcia: Lomachenko beat weaker & smaller fighters
- Boxing Results: Sergey Lipinets and Custio Clayton ends in 12-round draw
- Devin Haney reacts to Mayweather saying “too many belts”