Mike Tyson showing off EXPLOSIVE speed and power in new video
By Allan Fox: Mike Tyson posted a new training video on his social media site today, and he’s looking even faster and more potent as he sharpens his game for his comeback. The former heavyweight champion Tyson (50-6, 44 KOs), said, “Training smarter every day.”
The form that the 53-year-old Tyson showed in this brief video clip is going to create more believers among the boxing public that he’s capable of knocking off some of the top heavyweights of this era. Fans feel that Tyson is capable of a lot more than beating an old-timer like Shannon Briggs, Evander Holyfield, or Oliver McCall.
Tyson looking better than Holyfield
With Tyson, his confidence may get a massive boost if he wipes out his opponent during his still yet to be announced exhibition match. 57-year-old Evander Holyfield (44-10-2, 29 KOs) is training just as hard as Tyson with the idea of being his first opponent back. We’ll have to see if that match takes place first.
Just comparing the video clips of the two working out, Tyson looks to be fighting on a much higher level as Holyfield, but we don’t know about his stamina. With only brief clips being shown of Tyson, it’s impossible to tell if he’s gasping for breath and asking for a timeout immediately after throwing the shots.
Mike Tyson showing off speed and power
In Tyson’s last two fights before retiring against Kevin McBride and Danny Williams, he looked good in the first round, but he couldn’t sustain the pace. Williams and McBride took over the fight and forced an early stoppage against ‘Iron Mike.’
View this post on Instagram
If nothing else, Mike Tyson’s training clips show a fighter that is behind we’re seeing from the top heavyweights in this era. In a way, Tyson is someone that has come out of frozen state, and he’s showing boxing fans how much better fighters like him are compared to the lackluster heavyweights in this era.
I know Tyson Fury rates himself as better than the heavyweights in the past, but in watching the real thing in Mike Tyson, you can’t believe him. Mike looks much better, and he would be a real threat to Fury if he were still in his prime.
Fans would like to see a full workout video of Tyson to see if he’s training in a sustained manner without needing to take it easy to go sit down.
More Boxing News:
- Roy Jones Jr showing off mind-numbing hand speed
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Mike Tyson looking savage in new training video
- Badou Jack added to Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr card on Nov.28
- Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr postponed until November 28
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall