Canelo says Golovkin and team are complaining losers
By Jim Dower: Saul Canelo Alvarez is fed up with the complaining by Gennady Golovkin and his team about him, and he sees them as little more than whining losers. Canelo (49-1-2, 34 Kos) only has to listen to Golovkin’s team for nine more days because the rematch will be taking place on September 15 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Canelo can shut Golovkin and his team up if he can beat him without controversy. It’s going to need to be a decisive victory though.
Here’s a short list of the things Golovkin and/or his team unhappy about in regards to Canelo:
– Canelo testing positive twice for clenbuterol
– Excuse given by Canelo for testing positive for clenbuterol. Canelo blamed the two positive tests on having eaten contaminated beef
– Lack of remorse and shame from Canelo for testing positive for clenbuterol
– Wanted to use non-tested gloves
– 12 round draw from last September
– Canelo’s hand-wraps – GGG’s trainer Abel Sanchez says Canelo used an illegal ‘stacking’ technique of having his hands wrapped. As it turns out, the stacking technique is legal in Nevada. Sanchez says he won’t use the same technique for Golovkin though, because he doesn’t want him to get used to this style and then feel uncomfortable when he’s fighting in a state where it’s illegal to use those types of wraps
– Canelo’s running in previous fight
– Unwillingness to fight on Canelo’s part in first fight. He hung on the ropes most of the fight, and would run when the pressure became too much for him
– Insistence on being the A-side in the promotion
– Locker room
“They talk too much,” said Canelo to Fight News. “They complain about everything, but you know what? These are only excuses and complaints. They complain about everything and that’s what losers do, that’s what losers do.”
Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs) is still unbeaten and he is viewed as the clear winner of the previous fight with Canelo, so it’s hard to brand him as a loser in terms the sport of boxing. Canelo might not like the complaining that GGG, his trainer Sanchez and promoter Tom Loeffler have been doing, but that doesn’t make Golovkin a loser in competition. He was the better fighter than Canelo in the view of the boxing fans that saw the fight.
“They’re complaining about the gloves, about the hand wraps, now about the locker room because we make too much noise, they want a new one,” Canelo said. ”All excuses. Like I said before, it’s all losers talking. They want the national anthem played before the fights, so now it’s going to be at 4PM. Like I said, they’re already coming into the fight with a loser mentality,” Canelo said.
Canelo must understand that there’s a lot of bad blood from Golovkin and his team because of how things went last September. They wanted the victory something awful. When Canelo tested positive for clenbuterol, that was like throwing fuel on the first. It really stocked GGG and his team’s furnaces, as they saw that as Canelo playing dirty pool.