Eubank Jr. joins Mayweather’s camp before facing Yildirim at the World Boxing Super Series
Chris Eubank Jr. is warming up for his WBSS quarter-final clash against Turkish Avni Yilderim with Floyd Mayweather and the Money Team.
“I have trained with Floyd and the Money Team on and off for years now,” said Chris Eubank Jr.
“It is Floyd’s last ever training camp and I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of that. So I booked my flight and I’ll be at the Mayweather Boxing Gym until the beginning of September,” said the British IBO super middleweight champion.
While Eubank Jr. is preparing himself for the battle of the 168lb (76,2 kg) Muhammad Ali Trophy, Mayweather is focusing on another much anticipated fight against UFC Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor.
“I will be ringside for the big fight against McGregor. I haven’t been this intrigued to watch a fight in years. Nobody really knows what’s going to happen and that’s what I think makes it so appealing.”
Eubank Jr. booked his ticket to the World Boxing Super Series after his hard-fought unanimous decision over Arthur Abraham at the Wembley Arena July 15, and since then he has remained in training.
“It was straight back to the gym after the Abraham fight. No rest for the wicked,” said Eubank Jr.
Venue and date for Eubank Jr. vs. Avni Yilderim will be announced shortly.
ABOUT THE WORLD BOXING SUPER SERIES
Organised by Comosa AG, the World Boxing Super Series will kick off in September 2017, featuring the Cruiserweight and Super Middleweight divisions. In each weight class, eight elite boxers will battle it out in a bracket-style elimination tournament, with four quarter-finals (fall 2017), two semi-finals (early 2018) and one final (May 2018). This makes for seven top fights per weight class, and a total of 14 fights in Season One to be staged in premier venues around the globe. The winners of the World Boxing Super Series will rightfully receive The Greatest Prize in Boxing, the Muhammad Ali Trophy. Please visit our website www.WorldBoxingSuperSeries.com for more information or follow @WBSuperSeries on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
More Boxing News:
- Chris Billam-Smith has learned from Mairis Briedis
- Boxing Results: Angelo Leo Becomes New WBO Jr. Featherweight World Champion
- Photos / Results: Cheeseman beats Eggington, Tennyson victorious
- Boxing Results: Lyndon Arthur vs. Dec Spelman, Agyarko Wins
- McGregor vs. Walker on Aug. 26, live in the US on ESPN+
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey