Gilberto Ramirez: I am ready for anyone, even Golovkin
By Piotr Slabonski: Undefeated #1 WBO Gilberto Ramirez (34-0, 24 KOs) fulfilled the expectations placed in him and won by a 12 round unanimous decision against hard hitting WBO super middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (44-5, 29 KOs), becoming the first Mexican champion in the history of super middleweight last Saturday night at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Now “Zurdo” counting on even greater challenges.
– I showed him the Mexican school of boxing. He is very, very strong puncher, but he could not deal with me moving around the ring. After second part of the fight I already knew I would win. I wanted to do something historic, and I did it – said the new WBO champion after the triumph at the gala Manny Pacquiao – Tim Bradley III in Las Vegas.
24-year-old assured that he will avoid no one. He expressed readiness to fight Gennady Golovkin (34-0, 31 KOs), middleweight champion, who has repeatedly said that if there is an interesting offer, can move to a higher limit.
– I’m ready for anyone. I have a title and anyone who wants to, can try to take it away from me – he said.
“Zurdo” this is only the second Mexican boxer, who won the world championship in a weight higher than the middleweight. Previously, it was only Julio Gonzalez, who in 2003 won the belt in the light heavyweight division against Dariusz Michalczewski.
More Boxing News:
- Jacobs wants Golovkin, Canelo and Jermall Charlo before retiring
- Canelo focused on unifying at 168, GGG not in his plans
- De La Hoya wants Golovkin fight in early 2021
- Hearn: Canelo will fight Saunders or Golovkin in May 2021 if he beats Callum
- Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia – preview
- Video: Mike Tyson vs Jones Jr – Thoughts on the recent Exhibition
- Live Stream: Canelo Alvarez – Callum Smith DAZN Press Conference
- Boxing Results: Saunders schools Murray in one-sided 12 round decision