King’s Promotions signs former world champion Kermit Cintron
READING, PA (March 28, 2016)–Marshall Kauffman’s King’s Promotions is proud to announce the signing of of former IBF Welterweight champion Kermit Cintron.
Cintron of Reading, PA has a record of 35-5-2 with 28 knockouts.
Cintron won his first twenty-four bout and established himself as one of the most feared welterweight’s in the world.
Of those twenty-four wins were stoppages over Said Ouali (7-0), Omar Davila (12-2), Ian Mackilop (14-1), Elio Ortiz (25-6) and Teddy Reid (22-5-1).
After coming up short against WBO world champion Antonio Margarito, Cintron stopped David Estrada (18-2), which set up a title opportunity against Mark Suarez.
On October 28, 2006, Cintron stopped Suarez in five founds ton win the title in Palm Beach, Florida.
Cintron made two defenses of his crown with stoppages over Walter Matthysse (26-1) and Jesse Feliciano, before losing to Margarito for a second time.
Since then, Cintron has posted many quality wins over the likes of Lovemore N’dou (46-10-1), Juliano Ramos (15-2), Antwone Smith (20-2-1), Jonathan Batista (14-1) and his last bout, which took place on March 15, 2014,when won a ten round unanimous decision over Ronald Cruz (20-2).
“I am very happy to add Kermit to the King’s Promotions stable,” said Marshall Kauffman of King’s Promotions. “Kermit and I have a long history together and we did some special things when I trained him. I am glad Kermit has come back home and now as a promoter, we feel we can get Kermit back into some big opportunities and get him in position to become world champion again.”
“I am excited to finally sign with a promoter,” said Cintron. ” I have had some offers but this is more exciting. This is the best thing for me in my career because Marshall trained and managed me. He knows me personally and he knows what I need in my career and I think its a great match. I am focusing on staying busy and getting another crack at a title, and I know Marshall will do the job in getting me the right fights and I will get that title shot.”
More Boxing News:
- Jeff Afori faces Archie Sharp tonight on Frampton vs. Traynor card
- Boxing Results: Felix Cash stops Jason Welborne in 5th round
- Cecilia Braekhus v Jessica McCaskill DAZN Weigh In Results
- Benavidez vs Angulo Weigh In Results – Benavidez Fails to Make Weight!
- Frampton vs Traynor, Conlan vs Takoucht BT Sport / ESPN Weigh In Results
- David Benavidez: Is it time to move up to 175?
- Jean Pascal is Artur Beterbiev’s WBC mandatory at 175
- Hearn hints Fury won’t get same deal with Joshua if he vacates WBC title without fighting Whyte
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner