Jermell Charlo vs. John Jackson for vacant WBC 154lb title
Floyd Mayweather received the highest honor ever presented to a boxer with the Lifetime Achievement Award during the WBC Annual Convention in Kunming, China. Floyd Mayweather, the WBC Emeritus Champion, retired from boxing as reigning WBC welter and superwelterweight champion and he will always be regarded as one of the greatest champions in the WBC history.
The WBC has prepared a process for the activity in the welter and superwelterweight divisions, which is as follows:
1. Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero will fight for the WBC welterweight championship.
2. Amir Khan is ratified as mandatory contender.
3. Lamont Peterson vs. Andre Berto for a final elimination bout to determine the second mandatory.
4. Sammy Vasquez vs. Aaron Martinez, semi final elimination.
5. Miguel Barrionuevo vs. Azael Cosio semi final elimination.
6. The winners of the two semi final elimination fights to determine the wildcard.
7. Ray Robinson, who is currently injured, is positioned as wildcard.
1. Jermell Charlo vs. John Jackson will fight for the WBC superwelterweight championship.
2. Demetrius Andrade vs. Charles Hatley for the first mandatory.
3. Vanes Martirosyan vs. Julian Williams semi final elimination.
4. Ishe Smith vs. Jorge Cota semi final elimination.
5. The winners of the two semi final eliminations will fight each other for the wildcard.
6. Austin Trout placed as wildcard.
The WBC is very enthusing with this process, which will bring important activity involving fighters from all over the world in this process.
The WBC will be updating information frequently and wishes the best of luck to all the participants who are seeking to reach the glory of conquering the WBC green belt.
More Boxing News:
- Charlo doubleheader quotes for Saturday
- Alex Saucedo vs. Arnold Barboza Jr. & Edgar Berlanga vs. Lanell Bellow on October 17th
- Mairis Briedis, Yuniel Dorticos Land in Munich – WBSS Cruiser Final on Sept. 26
- Josh Taylor Vs Khongsong Press Conference – Quotes And Photos
- Usyk vs. Chisora Confirmed For October 31!
- Hearn: Joshua will vacate WBO if he must; wants Fury before Usyk
- Mike Tyson interested in facing Anthony Joshua in charity match
- Gennadiy Golovkin to fight on November 21st on DAZN
- Arum targeting Josh Taylor vs. Jose Ramirez for 2021 in Edinburgh or Las Vegas
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller blaming his recent drug test on a sex pill