Jermell Charlo vs. John Jackson for vacant WBC 154lb title
Floyd Mayweather received the highest honor ever presented to a boxer with the Lifetime Achievement Award during the WBC Annual Convention in Kunming, China. Floyd Mayweather, the WBC Emeritus Champion, retired from boxing as reigning WBC welter and superwelterweight champion and he will always be regarded as one of the greatest champions in the WBC history.
The WBC has prepared a process for the activity in the welter and superwelterweight divisions, which is as follows:
1. Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero will fight for the WBC welterweight championship.
2. Amir Khan is ratified as mandatory contender.
3. Lamont Peterson vs. Andre Berto for a final elimination bout to determine the second mandatory.
4. Sammy Vasquez vs. Aaron Martinez, semi final elimination.
5. Miguel Barrionuevo vs. Azael Cosio semi final elimination.
6. The winners of the two semi final elimination fights to determine the wildcard.
7. Ray Robinson, who is currently injured, is positioned as wildcard.
1. Jermell Charlo vs. John Jackson will fight for the WBC superwelterweight championship.
2. Demetrius Andrade vs. Charles Hatley for the first mandatory.
3. Vanes Martirosyan vs. Julian Williams semi final elimination.
4. Ishe Smith vs. Jorge Cota semi final elimination.
5. The winners of the two semi final eliminations will fight each other for the wildcard.
6. Austin Trout placed as wildcard.
The WBC is very enthusing with this process, which will bring important activity involving fighters from all over the world in this process.
The WBC will be updating information frequently and wishes the best of luck to all the participants who are seeking to reach the glory of conquering the WBC green belt.
More Boxing News:
- Frank Warren expects big things from Charlie Edwards
- Charlie Edwards signs with Queensberry Promotions
- Scott Harrison Aberdeen Undercard Update
- Hollywood star Danny Trejo talks about his love of boxing
- Four Hours of Legendary “Iron” Mike Tyson on ESPN
- New options for Canelo Alvarez’s fight in September
- Adrien Broner says he’s going back to the STREETS without $10 million
- Julio Cesar Martinez – is he the next star at 112?
- Fury wants to surpass Mayweather and Canelo with biggest contract
- Devin Haney vs. Luke Campbell – Hearn wants this next