Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero delivers huge ratings on PBC
Los Angeles – Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) brought championship boxing back to FOX in prime time Saturday night after an almost 20-year absence and delivered a resounding ratings knockout. The PBC on FOX, headlined by an intense 12-round battle for the vacant welterweight title between victor Danny Garcia and Robert Guerrero, delivered PBC’s best audience since April 2015.
Fueled by three exciting bouts, the PBC on FOX averaged a 1.5/3 household rating/share with 2.5 million viewers from 8:00 – 10:37 PM ET, according to Nielsen, +36% in rating and +39% in audience compared to PBC’s last primetime telecast (1.1/2, 1.8 million viewers on NBC, 12/12/15).
Ratings and viewership built throughout the evening’s broadcast. FOX’s first bout featuring a hard-hitting heavyweight bout between Dominic Breazeale and Amir Mansour delivered a 1.3/2 with 2.2 million viewers, while ratings increased slightly for Sammy Vasquez’s TKO win over Aron Martinez with a 1.4/2, with 2.2 million viewers. Ratings then jumped for Danny Garcia’s spirited win vs. Robert Guerrero by unanimous decision that averaged a 1.8/3 with 3.0 million viewers.
· The PBC on FOX ranks as the most-watched PBC event on any network since
April 11, 2015 on NBC (2.9 million).
· Ties as PBC’s highest-rated event among Adults 18-49 since its broadcast premiere on March 7, 2015.
· The fight card peaked at the end of the main-event between Garcia and Guerrero with 3.5 million viewers from 10:15-10:30pm, to tie as the second-best peak audience for a PBC event since its broadcast premiere.
· An estimated 6.2 million viewers watched all or part of Saturday night’s fight card.
- Shields vs Cornejo: Date, Start Time, Undercard & Live Stream Info
- Kambosos vs. Hughes & Davis vs. Patera: Date, Start Time, Undercard & Live Stream Info
- Broner vs Hutchinson. Date, Start Time, Undercard & Live Stream Info
- Okolie vs Billam-Smith Tonight: Start Time, Undercard & Live Stream Info