Wladimir Klitschko resumes training for Kubrat Pulev fight
Klitschko suffered an arm injury last August, causing him to postpone his fight against the 33-year-old Pulev.
After Wladimir’s injury, Pulev made accusations that Wladimir was faking the injury in order to avoid fighting him. But now that Wladimir is back in training that should take care of Pulev’s worries.
This is one of the tougher tests for the 38-year-old Wladimir. Many of his title defenses over the past seven years have come against weak opposition that had little chance coming into the fight due to their lack of size, power and talent. With the 6’4 ½” Pulev, he has size and talent to give Wladimir problems.
What he doesn’t have is punching power. Pulev is the type of fighter who needs to land a lot of shots over many rounds for him to score knockouts, and those cases they’ve mainly taken place against smaller fighters. Pulev will have problems trying to land a lot of punches against the bigger Wladimir, because he’s an excellent defensive fighter who is hard to hit.
Pulev will very likely be stuck trying to beat Wladimir by jabbing him. That’s Pulev’s best and perhaps only chance of beating Wladimir. Pulev’s not going to be able to punch with him, because he lacks the power to fight him that way, and it might be dangerous for Pulev to fight Wladimir that way.
If it’s going to be a jabbing war that the two are in on November 15th then that’s a fight that Pulev will lose because Wladimir has a better jab than he does. Pulev does have a good jab, but it’s not on the same level as Wladimir’s. His reach also isn’t as long as Wladimir’s.
- Wladimir Klitschko blasts ‘mad man’ Putin On Piers Morgan Uncensored
- Results / Photos: Kubrat Pulev & Sergey Kovalev Victorious
- LIVE: Pulev vs Forrest, Kovalev vs T. Pulev – FITE TV Stream
- Why Did Russia’s Nikolai Valuev & the Klitschko’s of Ukraine Never Fight?
- Bob Arum reveals Tyson Fury to await Joshua – Usyk II outcome before making retirement decision
- Canelo to fight Golovkin next on Sept.17th, then Bivol rematch later
- VIDEO: Floyd Mayweather Jr’s 50-0 vs Manny Pacquiao’s 8 divisions
- Oleksandr Usyk preparing for Anthony Joshua rematch, using Martin Bakole for sparring