Hughie Fury’s team made offer to Tony Thompson for fight?
By Scott Gilfoid: According to Boxingroundup, heavyweight prospect Hughie Fury’s team has made an offer to American heavyweight Tony Thompson to fight the young 18-year-old Hughie. Thompson, however, is calling the offer a lie and he’s not happy with people saying that an offer was made to him by Hughie’s team.
Thompson said on his social media site today “@Peterfuy @tyson_fury, this is a f***ing lie. Stop printing this s**t!. Ain’t s**t to clear up. This is some bulls***.”
Oh, this is sad. Does this mean a bogus offer was made just to get Hughie’s name mentioned in the same breath as a talented fighter like Tony Thompson? Gee, that sounds like name dropping in a way. Was Thompson’s name mentioned to get Hughie some badly needed attention in the media?
You can’t blame Thompson for not being happy about it, because he’s only interested in serious offers and playing around. The man just demolished the UK’s best heavyweight for the second time in destroying David Price in a 5th round TKO earlier this month, and he wants to get a big fight off of this. Thompson doesn’t want to play around with non-serious offer for a fight.
That would be amusing as heck if they pushed Hughie out in the ring with Thompson in a sink or swim mode. It would be pretty brutal. If you thought that Price got it bad, just imagine what Thompson would do the 6’6” Hughie. It would likely be worse than the beating he gave Price, because Price at least had power going for him and the ability to use both hands equally instead of just right hand like Hughie.
Without anything to keep Thompson off of him, Hughie would be torn apart by Thompson. Hughie can’t fight on the inside to save his life, and his power wouldn’t be enough to hold Thompson off for even a round. It would be Thompson quickly walking Hughie down and blasting him apart in the same way he did Price.
More Boxing News:
- Tony Thompson wants David Price third fight
- Luis Ortiz – Tony Thompson averages 740K viewers on HBO
- Luis Ortiz: The top heavyweights are going to have to fight me
- Luis Ortiz defeats Tony Thompson; Jessie Vargas stops Sadam Ali
- Luis Ortiz KOs Tony Thompson in 6th round – results
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey