Carl Froch willing to fight Ward in Vegas
By Dominic Sauboorah: WBA and IBF Super Middleweight champion Carl Froch (31-2, 22 KO’S) is willing to fight Ring Magazine champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14 KO’s) in Las Vegas some point next year. I think that’s fair enough, considering that financially it makes sense and it’d be good to see Froch get some top global exposure.
Carl Froch recently said to BBC Sports how he wanted one more fight before the Ward fight, which could possibly be a deciding bout with Mikkel Kessler or a domestic showdown with stable mate George Groves. Based on marketability the Kessler fight makes more sense and will likely be staged in American as it’ll be seen
as a neutral location.
In an interview with the BBC Sports, Froch said “If the fight [with Ward] wasn’t going to happen and someone said it could happen in Las Vegas then I’d definitely say ‘yes, let’s do it. I know it’s Las Vegas, but let’s get it on.”
I don’t believe George Groves hasn’t earnt at shot at the Cobra to be honest. There’s no question that he’s a talented prospect and has the power to give anyone in the division problems. Nevertheless I believe he needs to fight a top 10 fighter, such as Sakio Bika or Robert Stieglitz, before he can get that fight, to prove that he can match it with the elite of the division.
There are rumours circling that Kessler could retire soon, thereby hampering Froch’s plans of a third fight. It’d be a shame if he were to retire, considering that he gave Froch a fair few problems in the rematch, proving that he still has something to offer; however the fact that Froch managed to walk through most of his punches might’ve broken his heart.
Despite this the Ward fight is what the fans are calling for. Stylistically it’s not a great match up, but nevertheless it’s still an interesting fight, since Froch is at the peak of his powers. Personally I see Ward winning again by a UD; however he may have more problems in the rematch in comparison to their first fight, depending on how fast Froch starts.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Andre Ward doesn’t see Anthony Joshua beating Tyson Fury
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Carl Froch NOT interested in Andre Ward rematch
- Denis Douglin spars with Floyd Mayweather Jr, gives details
- Crawford vs. Pacquiao possible for Bahrain in 2020
- Anthony Joshua WON’T fight Mike Tyson
- Arum reacts to Spence wanting Crawford, Danny Garcia & Pacquiao fights
- Golovkin prefers Kamil Szeremeta over Canelo trilogy