Broner apologizes; Stevenson vs. Boone 2 on Friday night
By Allan Fox: WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22 KO’s) has apologized on his twitter presumably for his arrest on Monday night in Miami, Florida for allegedly biting a security guard that responded to an argument that broken early in the morning at the expensive La FaFontainebleu Hotel, according to the Huffington Post.
Broner said on his twitter: “Real men own up to mistakes. I wanted to say sorry to all my fans in this world for my behavior these last couple of days. I know it’s people that look up to me. I APOLOGIZE. Thanks to everybody that stayed by my side. I love all y’all now it’s back to work.”
WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi, who Broner will be facing on June 22nd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, couldn’t help taking some shots at Broner and his problems. Malignaggi said to RingTV “He’s losing it.”
Adonis Stevenson must get past Darnell Boone to face Chad Dawson
Super middleweight Adonis Stevenson (19-1, 16 KO’s) will be taking a dangerous tune-up fight this Friday night against journeyman Darnell Boone (19-20-3, 8 KO’s) at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. This is a fight that the 35-year-old Stevenson specifically wanted because Boone, 33, knocked him out in the 2nd round three years ago in Maryland, USA.
Stevenson chose to slug with Boone instead of boxing him the way most of his opponents choose to fight him, and he paid the price for doing that by getting knocked out. Stevenson tried to hit Boone with a left hand and got tagged with a straight right that put him down. The fight was then stopped because Stevenson was unsteady after he got back up.
If Stevenson can get past Boone, he’ll be moving up to 175 to challenge WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson in a fight that could take place in May.
Stevenson is going to have to be careful with Boone on Friday night because if he fights him the same way he did last time, and the same way he’s been fighting the guys he’s beaten since then, there’s a good chance Boone will knock him out again.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Adrien Broner says he’s going back to the STREETS without $10 million
- Adrien Broner staying RETIRED until he gets $10 million
- Adrien Broner DEMANDS $10M from Al Haymon and Showtime for next fight
- Will Floyd Mayweather fight Adrien Broner?
- Nonito Donaire motivated for ‘The Takeover’ at 118
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division