Price, Wilder, Fury and all of those other protected fighters out there watch out for ear punches!
By Tony Crooks: As a writer, I read every single comment on this website and I always listen to what the public has to say, yes I am British, having said that, I judge no boxer on his colour or what part of the world that he originated from. I look at boxing ability and hard cold facts.
The sole reason that David Price was knocked out was because of poor defensive skills, he should not have been hit in the ear in the first place! As I have always said, defence is the ultimate skill in boxing. So many people harp on about punching power and knockouts. The art of boxing under the Queensbury rules is to hit without being hit.
Another reason why David Price was knocked out was because he has been fed with low level opposition. Lennox Lewis lost both times in world title fights, not when he was on his way up like Price. Lewis would have destroyed Wilder, Price and Fury in his early days.
How many times in boxing history have you heard of a boxer that got hit on the ear? Where was Prices defence? Will he recover and become world champion, of course not. If he can get hit on the ear at this level, what chance does he have at world level? Every fighter that he faces from now on is going to try their hardest to hit Price in the ear, Why, because he gets knocked out every time.
Wilder has no defence and he will get hit on the ear as well, at least Fury has a defence and from now on he will have to protect his ears!
Now I know why the amateurs where head guards!
The sole reason that we have two ears and one mouth is to use them in that proportion, listen and learn and don’t shout your mouth off until you have earned the respect of the boxing fraternity.
More Boxing News:
- BT Sports Crushes Tyson Fury Glove-gate
- Bob Arum has reserved Allegiant Stadium in Vegas for Fury vs. Wilder 3
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 on December 19
- Joshua vs. Fury will need to be PPV on DAZN says Eddie Hearn
- Hearn wants Deontay to step aside to let Whyte face Fury
- Terence Crawford NOT getting Kell Brook fight
- Mike Tyson may have unfinished business
- Hearn against letting Tony Bellew make a comeback
- Chris Eubank Jr: I’m looking to DESTROY Canelo
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”