Magomed Abdusalamov vs. Victor Bisbal on March 8th on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights in Atlantic City
By Allan Fox: Unbeaten heavyweight contender Magomed Abdusalamov (16-0, 16 KO’s) will be looking to keep his perfect knockout streak alive in his scheduled 10 round fight against former 2004 Puerto Rican Olympian Victor Bisbal (21-1, 15 KO’s) on March 8th on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights at the Resorts Hotel & Casino, in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.
Abdusalamov, #10 WBA, #10 WBC, #13 IBF, is looking to keep moving up the rankings to get a title shot against one of the world champions. Abdusalamov, 31, is coming off of a scare against the 6’6” Jameel McCline last September in a fight in which Abdusalamov was flattened by a hard right hand from McCline in the 1st round.
A badly hurt Abdusalamov was able to get back up and come back and stop McCline in the 2nd round to keep his unbeaten record intact, but the outcome might have been much different had McCline not stopped throwing punches for some reason. He had Abdusalamov ready to go in the 1st, but he let him off the hook by failing to throw any more punches after knocking him down.
The southpaw Abdusalamov is a murderous puncher, and he’s especially dangerous with his combination punching. He’s someone that has the talent to become one of the world champions if his chin can hold out on him.
Abdusalamov can’t afford to be getting nailed he did by McCline if he wants to go anywhere in the heavyweight division. Working on his nonexistent defense might be something he’d want to think about before he faces someone dangerous.
Bisbal has power and he could make it tough for Abdusalamov if he comes out fast like McCline did. The only way to beat Abdusalamov is to come out fast before he’s warmed his offense because if you let the fight go into the later rounds, he’s going to knock you out.
More Boxing News:
- Heavyweight Travis Kauffman says he has CORONAVIRUS
- Derrick Jefferson in medically induced coma due to coronavirus
- Otto Wallin thinks he has CORONAVIRUS
- Josh Warrington and Can Xu agree to terms for unification fight in Leeds
- Roger Mayweather passes away at 58
- Mike Tyson: ‘Deontay Wilder wasn’t the same fighter in rematch”
- Tonight, WATCH Deontay Wilder battle Tyson Fury 2 on FS1
- Terence Crawford could face Kell Brook next
- Badou Jack now being trained by Johnathon Banks
- Demetrius Andrade to defend against Liam Williams next