Haye: Vitali is a kind of a puppet for Boente
By Scott Gilfoid: Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye believes that WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko isn’t the one that picks his opponents out. Haye thinks it’s Vitali’s manager Bernd Boente who chooses his opponents for him rather than Vitali stepping up and saying he wants this or that guy.
Haye feels that Boente doesn’t want Vitali to face him for some reason. It’s hard to understand why Boente would want Vitali to not to face Haye because it’s easily the biggest money fight out there for Vitali right now, and it’s also a winnable one. We saw what Vitali’s brother Wladimir Klitschko did to Haye two years ago in an easy 12 round unanimous decision.
Haye said to the thesun.co.uk “I know that Boente has a really strong hold over Vitali. He’s a bit of a puppet to Boente and does what he’s told. I hope he finally mans up in his career, makes a decision for himself and fights somebody that he wants to fight, rather than someone he’s told to fight.”
Does Boente make Vitali’s decisions for him? I doubt it, but Haye seems to think so and he believes Boente hand-picked Dereck Chisora and Manuel Charr for Vitali, and neither of which are well known heavyweights. Those are strange picks. It’s hard to imagine Vitali selecting Charr and Chisora on his own when it’s pretty clear that they weren’t well know at the time Vitali fought them, and they weren’t considered to be top five contenders.
Haye wants the Vitali so bad he can taste it, but I don’t think it’s going to happen even though it makes sense. If Boente is really the one that’s making the decision on how Vitali fights, then I don’t think Vitali is going to take a fight with Haye because Boente hasn’t seemed excited about the idea of Vitali taking a fight with Haye.
More Boxing News:
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- David Haye Not happy with Joe Joyce’s performance against Michael Wallisch
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey
- Canelo Alvarez: Who will he fight next on September 12th?
- Oscar De La Hoya frustrated with Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell negotiations
- Roy Jones Jr looking sharp in training for Mike Tyson