Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5: Arum should consider Manny’s health before making this fight
By Babatis Banda: By any standard, what happened that week-end was not good at all. We all support one fighter against the other, but when you see that kind of a knockout, it turns your whole stomach upside down. For a moment, I thought Manny Pacquiao was never going to stand and walk out of that ring, but on a stretcher.
The knock-down in the third round was an indicator that Marquez had it in him to take out Pacquiao, just like he had promised to do. Marquez was clearly the slower of the two; I guess he deliberately traded speed for power.
Whether the knock-out was a clear lucky punch, like some people are suggesting, does not really matter. Besides, it is not possible to tell a lucky punch from something else because punches are all thrown with the same purpose and intention, to hurt the opponent. Describing what happened is even more painful. To say that Marquez knocked out Pacquiao is an understatement. Marquez attempted to force Pacquiao’s chin right into the base of his cranium. In short, Marquez could have hurt Pacquiao. Ricky Hatton’s knock out by Pacquiao was spectacular, but that knock-out of Pacquiao by Marquez was nothing near to spectacular, it was simply just murderous.
Arum should consider the Congress man’s health rather than what he can make out of him. He has done his part, and it is time to take a rest and enjoy his money or go full time into politics. Any more wars are not good for Pacquiao, he has been in too many wars already. The worst of all of this is that fake belt they had made specifically for Pacquiao, so that they could crown him the fighter of the decade. Arum should learn something out of this, Bradley was the right candidate for Manny to avenge the loss.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao inks new deal with Paradigm Sports, is Conor McGregor next up?
- Manny Pacquiao interested in Conor McGregor fight
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Freddie Roach tells Conor Mcgregor, Pacquiao beats you easier than Hatton
- Carl Froch: Kell Brook is cashing out against Terence Crawford on Nov.14
- Chisora: Oleksandr Usyk will get Fright of his life on October 31st
- Mayweather diminishes Lomachenko’s credentials following loss to Teofimo
- Haye says Whyte in denial about his knockout loss
- Mayweather rants about “too many belts,” wants Ryan Garcia vs. Tank Davis next