Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5: Arum should consider Manny’s health before making this fight
By Babatis Banda: By any standard, what happened that week-end was not good at all. We all support one fighter against the other, but when you see that kind of a knockout, it turns your whole stomach upside down. For a moment, I thought Manny Pacquiao was never going to stand and walk out of that ring, but on a stretcher.
The knock-down in the third round was an indicator that Marquez had it in him to take out Pacquiao, just like he had promised to do. Marquez was clearly the slower of the two; I guess he deliberately traded speed for power.
Whether the knock-out was a clear lucky punch, like some people are suggesting, does not really matter. Besides, it is not possible to tell a lucky punch from something else because punches are all thrown with the same purpose and intention, to hurt the opponent. Describing what happened is even more painful. To say that Marquez knocked out Pacquiao is an understatement. Marquez attempted to force Pacquiao’s chin right into the base of his cranium. In short, Marquez could have hurt Pacquiao. Ricky Hatton’s knock out by Pacquiao was spectacular, but that knock-out of Pacquiao by Marquez was nothing near to spectacular, it was simply just murderous.
Arum should consider the Congress man’s health rather than what he can make out of him. He has done his part, and it is time to take a rest and enjoy his money or go full time into politics. Any more wars are not good for Pacquiao, he has been in too many wars already. The worst of all of this is that fake belt they had made specifically for Pacquiao, so that they could crown him the fighter of the decade. Arum should learn something out of this, Bradley was the right candidate for Manny to avenge the loss.
More Boxing News:
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao fights because he has to, I fight because I want to
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey