Marquez should fight somebody else other than Pacquiao
By Babatis Banda: Four times is already enough. In other words, are we saying that up to now we can’t tell the better fighter of the two? I thought this was already settled going into the 4th fight. It was agreed that the better fighter would be the one that wins the 4th bout?
I understand that team Pacquiao feels Marquez should return the favour by giving Manny a 5th bout. I also hold the view that it should not be so, because the reason why these two have fought up to the 4th fight is because the previous three were so close and so controversial. The 4th fight was by far definitive and conclusive, and it never gets any better than that…never.
Marquez should fight either Bradley or Mayweather Jnr. Bradley would make a particularly interesting fight because that is the one with uncertainty. Mayweather is almost certain to beat Marquez however hard he trains. Styles make fights and Mayweather has a perfect style to beat Marquez again buy a shut-out margin just like in the first fight. I really see no sense in another Marquez/Pacquiao bout if not for the money. The scores are settled, and convincingly too.
Pacquiao, if he really wants to fight again should be looking at other fighters too. Pacquiao can fight Khan, break his jaw and then hope for a Mayweather fight later. I know that a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight has lost its lustre, but for interest’s sake it still adds something to history and can be a good talking point. I know the excuse and the argument would be that Mayweather waited until Pacquiao was damaged goods. It would be a lame excuse because Mayweather is also aging and losing some sharpness and the fight happening is not determined by Floyd alone, but by both sides.
Despite the losses by Pacquiao and despite the knock-out of the decade he registered with Marquez, Mayweather/Pacquiao is still very popular more than most, if not all match-ups available for these fighters. The controversy of the two is more about their supporters than what would really happen if they met in the ring. I see it one way only, the only logical way.
More Boxing News:
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao fights because he has to, I fight because I want to
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey