Maccarinelli: Gavin Rees will beat Adrien Broner
By Scott Gilfoid: Former WBO cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli believes that Gavin Rees (37-1-1, 18 KO’s) will be pulling off a big upset on February 16th by beating unbeaten WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (25-0, 21 KO’s) at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Maccarineli said to walesonline.co.uk “Gavin is going to shock everyone. It’s going to be tough out there but it won’t faze him. I don’t believe Broner has fought anyone as tough as Gavin. So it’s ‘The Rock’ to win a close points decision for me.”
So it’s “The Rock”, eh? What a name. I have a feeling that Rees is going to be dropping like a rock on February 16th. Maccarinelli says Rees is tough. I translate that to mean he’s going to take career’s worth of punishment by Broner instead of doing the smart thing by quitting on his stool when it becomes painfully obvious by the 2nd round that he’s little more than a rounded piñata for Broner to stick with his punches.
I mean, I hope Rees trainer saves the poor guy when the beating gets too bad for him because like Maccarinelli said, Rees is “tough” and he’ll probably want to go out on his shield rather than saving himself for another day. There’s no shame in quitting against a talent like Broner because he’s just too good for someone like Rees, and there’s nothing to be gained from just being a short punching bag for the American talent for 12 rounds. Rees needs to see the big picture.
Why get beat up Broner for 12 rounds when he can quit and save himself from having to take a needless beating. It’s not as if Rees is going to win the fight anyway, so he might as well take the easy way out as fast as possible. I think the situation will start looking hopeless for Rees by the 2nd round, and he or his trainer should think seriously about having the fight stopped by the 3rd rather than letting the fight go on for another 9 rounds. It’s better if he quits, believe me.
More Boxing News:
- Gary Russell Jr calls out Adrien Broner – ‘AB can get it’
- Regis Prograis fires back at Adrien Broner
- Shakur Stevenson: The next Adrien BRONER or Mayweather?
- Vergil Ortiz Jr. wants Adrien Broner fight
- Adrien Broner SLAMS Mayweather for training Haney
- Ryan Garcia dares Golden Boy to RELEASE him if they don’t believe in his abilities
- Floyd Mayweather Jr hinting about an exhibition fight in 2020
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko the #1 option for Canelo Alvarez on Sept.12
- Fury vs. Wilder 3 tickets will be EXPENSIVE for December 19
- Vasiliy Lomachenko starts camp for Teofimo Lopez fight