Jinkee should talk Pacquiao out of fighting Marquez again
By Chris Williams: It looks like Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KO’s) will be fighting Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KO’s) for a fifth time next year in June or September. I think Pacquiao’s wife Jinkee needs to sit him down and talk some sense into before he takes this fight because I think the chances are extremely high that Pacquiao gets knocked cold again.
Marquez really blasted Pacquiao out in their fourth fight, and Pacquiao is awfully lucky that he didn’t hurt badly because with a knockout like that there’s always a danger of something happening. But a lot of top fighters and ex-fighters think that there’s a chance that Pacquiao won’t be able to take punishment in his fights from now on.
Jinkee seemed to take it pretty hard in watching Pacquiao get knocked out cold, and I don’t think she wants to have that feeling again. She’s got a lot of persuasion over Pacquiao, and perhaps she can talk him out of facing Marquez again and maybe persuade him to either take some easier fighters like Tim Bradley or retire from boxing.
She’s obviously seen all of Pacquiao’s four fights against Marquez, and she knows how he’s struggled against the Mexican warrior, and she probably has noticed that Pacquiao seems to be slipping in his skills while Marquez is getting better.
I think she should try and talk some sense into Pacquiao’s brain to save him from another potential knockout loss, because Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum is going to match Pacquiao back up with Marquez no matter what. I don’t’ think this is going to be the last time Arum matches Pacquiao with Marquez.
If the 5th Pacquiao-Marquez fight makes big bank, then you can bet that Arum will shoot for a 6th fight, perhaps even if Pacquiao gets knocked out again. I don’t think Pacquiao will stop on his own, because he seems to think he lost to Marquez because he got careless rather than due to the excellent power of Marquez.
I can see Pacquiao making the same excuse after Marquez knocks him out again, blaming it on being careless. That’s why I think it’s Jinkee’s job to step in and prevent the Pacquiao-Marquez 5th fight from taking place so that Pacquiao doesn’t get knocked cold again.
I don’t want to see Pacquiao flattened again with him lying face first on the canvas. That’s not good and I don’t see it being the end. He’ll likely just keep getting thrown in with the lion Marquez and keep getting knocked out as long as their fights bring in the big PPV loot.
More Boxing News:
- Arum has Kell Brook as Crawford’s Plan-B if no Pacquiao fight
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- David Benavidez: Is it time to move up to 175?
- Jean Pascal is Artur Beterbiev’s WBC mandatory at 175
- Hearn hints Fury won’t get same deal with Joshua if he vacates WBC title without fighting Whyte
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner