Froch wants Kessler before Ward
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch says he wants to get a rematch with Mikkel Kessler over in the UK before fighting a rematch against Andre Ward. Both guys have beat Froch pretty convincingly, but Ward definitely did the better job on him. I had Froch winning one round against Ward last December in their finals bout in the Super Six tournament.
Froch said Sky Ringside “Mikkel Kessler’s the rematch for me, the one that will fill any stadium in the K. Andre Ward, after that, would be the fight for me to secure my legacy and personally correct the wrong that happened in Atlantic City that night.”
Is Froch on the level? Does he really believe he can beat Ward in a rematch? I don’t understand what he means by saying “Correct the wrong” that occurred in the Ward fight. Is Froch trying to say that he somehow got jobbed in the Ward fight? If so, that’s a laugh because Froch clearly got beat and there’s no controversy at all about the outcome of that fight. He clearly got beat and beaten pretty badly by Ward. I know a couple of judges scored it 115-113 for Ward, but I don’t know of too many boxing fans that agreed with those whack scores.
I don’t know why Froch doesn’t want to tackle the harder job of facing Ward first. For me when I have a really hard task I want to take on that one first rather than the other way around. Froch would be better off facing Ward first because if he takes on Kessler he’s probably going to lose again to him. At the very least, Kessler is going to take a lot out of Froch.
Going from a hard fight against Kessler to an even harder fight against Ward is a recipe for failure. That’s why Froch should take the much harder fight first against Ward, because the Kessler fight is a lot easier. I mean, I see Froch losing to Kessler anyway, but he’s better off taking on Ward first and then Kessler then other way around. Ward is going to give Froch a royal beating next time, and there’s no ifs or buts about. Last time Ward fought Froch he did it with a fractured left hand. This time Ward’s going to be completely healthy he’s going to make it much worse for Froch.
More Boxing News:
- Andre Ward: Roy Jones Jr. REJECTED $40 million to fight Mike Tyson in 2003
- Froch on Golovkin: ‘I’d have SMASHED him to bits’
- Andre Ward doubts third Fury-Wilder fight would sell if Deontay was knocked out cold
- Andre Ward: ‘I wouldn’t recommend’ Wilder facing Fury in trilogy fight
- Andre Ward SCOLDS promoters/managers on TOO many tune-up level fights for their fighters
- Malignaggi: ‘They did Golovkin DIRTY in first 2 Canelo fights’
- Joshua could fight Ruiz a third time – Hearn
- Brook: ‘I’m the guy to beat Crawford’
- Caleb Plant looking sharp training
- Canelo vs. BJ Saunders not likely to happen