Pacquiao’s mom wants him to KO Marquez in the 1st or 2nd rounds
By Chris Williams: Manny Pacquiao’s mom Dionisia reportedly wants Pacquiao to dispatch Juan Manuel Marquez as quick as possible on December 8th, preferring that he get it out of the way in the first two rounds if possible. She obviously has seen how Pacquiao has struggled against Marquez in the previous three fights and probably wants to spare Pacquiao from taking the same kind of punishment that he’s take in the past.
Dionsia said to ABC-CBN “I want him [Pacquiao] to finish Marquez in one or two rounds. Yes, you knock him out.”
If it were only that easy Pacquiao would be a world champion today instead of a guy coming off of a loss to Tim Bradley and looking like he’s starting to deteriorate. I don’t know if she’s aware of this or not but Pacquiao hasn’t knocked anyone out in over three years since stopping Miguel Cotto in the 12th round in a fight that probably shouldn’t have stopped due to Cotto still being on his feet and fighting back.
That was one of the more confusing stoppages you’ll ever see. But my point is Pacquiao isn’t knocking anyone out nowadays, least of all a tough-chinned fighter like Marquez.
I know it’s nice to wish for things but that’s not realistic. Pacquiao is 33 now, and not a young 33. He’s not knocking guys out like he used to do for some reason. When Pacquiao moved up to welterweight, he stopped Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto in consecutive fights. But since then, Pacquiao has fought five fights and not gotten close to knocking anyone out. But besides that, Pacquiao has started to look slower and flat-footed since the Joshua Clottey fight in early 2010. Pacquiao went from a quick-footed fighter to that of a flat-footed plodder and it’s not changed. Pacquiao isn’t going to knock out any world class welterweight fighting like that.
Marquez is not going to be knocked out by Pacquiao, no way. If Pacquiao wins, it’s going to be by another controversial decision where he gets out-boxed but the judges give the win anyway. But he’s not going to KO a fighter like Marquez.
More Boxing News:
- Thurman: Pacquiao has my BELT, I want it back
- Amir Khan wants Neeraj Goyat and Manny Pacquiao in next 2 fights before retirement
- Keith Thurman discusses his fight with Manny Pacquiao
- Ryan Garcia: ‘I’m fighting Manny Pacquiao in 2021’
- Pacquiao tests negative for COVID 19; Mikey Garcia wants to fight him
- Haney slams Luke Campbell over his comments
- Gennadiy Golovkin turns 38 today
- Is Ryan Garcia the next Canelo Alvarez?
- Devin Haney to be reinstated as WBC 135-lb champion
- Warren rules out Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua happening next