Tarver-Kayode ends in split draw: Bika destroys Davis; Trout defeats Rodriguez; Quillin decisions Wright
By Jim Dower: Former title challenger Sakio Bika (30-5-2, 21 KO’s) showed that super middleweight contender Dyah Davis (21-3-1, 9 KO’s) isn’t deserving of his high ranking by stopping him in the 10th round of a one-sided fight from start to finish on Saturday night at the Home Depot Center, Carson, California.
Bika really had his way against the light hitting runner Davis, pounding him with shots and dominating him in every aspect of the game. Davis, #4 WBC, #10 WBA, #11 IBF, simply couldn’t do anything right and he had major problems with Bika’s pressure. The match-makers for this fight should have seen that Davis didn’t have the talent to compete with a fighter in Bika’s class after seeing how much trouble that Bika gave WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward.
Bika gave Ward more problems than any fighter he’s ever faced. Throwing a weak puncher like Davis in with Bika was like throwing morsel to a shark. Davis was badly overmatched.
Bika hurt Davis in the 7th with a hard right hand. In the 10th, Davis made the mistake of landing a nice right hand to the head of Bika. This seemed to anger Bika, because he really went after Davis, pounding him with shots, hurting him resulting in the fight being halted at 1:40 of the round by referee Thomas Taylor.
In other fights on the card:
Antonio Tarver draw 12 Lateef Kayode
115-113 Tarver, 115-113 Kayode, 114-114
Peter Quillin UD 10 Ronald “Winky” Wright
Austin Trout UD 12 Delvin Rodriguez
Leo Santa Cruz UD 12 Vusi Malinga
Sharif Bogere KO 2 Manuel Leyva
Omar Figueroa KO 1 Tyler Ziolkowski
Juan Reynoso UD 4 Beau Hamilton
Sakio Bika TKO 10 Dyah Davis
More Boxing News:
- Antonio Tarver says Joe Calzaghe ducked him in 2008
- Antonio Tarver on Andy Ruiz Jr: ‘How do you gain 15 lbs after your biggest win?’
- Statement From Nigel Benn
- Tarver says Anthony Joshua’s team failed him
- MythBusted: Roy Jones Jr. vs. Antonio Tarver II : Fifteen Year Anniversary: What if Roy had stayed at Heavyweight?
- Jermall Charlo being avoided by Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin?
- Teofimo warns Lomachenko: ‘I’m putting hands on you on October 17th’
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Jeison Rosario message after knockout loss to Jermell Charlo