Ward: I’m going to hurt Froch – Boxing
By Scott Gilfoid: Carl Froch seems to think he’s going to be the one scoring a knockout if there is one in his fight against Andre Ward on December 17th. But Ward has news for Froch, he’s going to be the one hurting him all night when the face off for the Super Six tournament prize trophy in New Jersey.
Ward told boxingtalk.com “Don’t believe the hype; I can, and I will hurt Froch.” Ouch! That’s not going to make Froch happy, because he thinks he’s the only one with power in this fight and won’t he be shocked when Ward is hurting him with power shots? Ward said he saw Froch get hurt twice by Andre Dirrell in their fight in 2009, and this fight showed that Froch’s status as having an iron chin is really just a bunch of hype.
Jermain Taylor also hurt Froch and had him on the canvas in 2009. Taylor ran out of gas otherwise he likely would have stopped Froch right then and there. Ward won’t run out of gas, because he’s always in great shape and can punch all night long if he wants to without worrying about tiring out.
If Froch gets hurt against Ward, which I can see happening, Ward will finish him off with a flurry. Dirrell ran out of time in the 10th round after hurting Froch. Who knows what might have happened if Dirrell had another 30 seconds to work on the badly hurt Froch after he had him buzzed from two big left hands to the head that had Froch stumbling around trying to hold on.
More Boxing News:
- Tim Bradley challenges Andre Ward to an exhibition match
- Wladimir Klitschko, Floyd Mayweather & Andre Ward Elected To Boxing Hall Of Fame!
- Carl Froch: Joshua’s next fight must be against Fury
- International Boxing Hall of Fame Candidates: The Class of 2021
- Shakur Stevenson says boxing’s biggest names afraid of him
- Ryan Garcia working on bigger fight than Tank Davis
- David Morrell elevated to WBA regular 168-pound champion
- Eddie Hearn: Whyte must beat Povetkin to keep getting big fights