Khan picks Cotto to beat Margarito on Saturday
Khan said this on his twitter: “I got Cotto beating Margarito. It will be a tough fight for both, but Cotto will be the smarter fighter and more skillful fighter.”
I wonder if Khan will change his mind about who he thinks won the fight afterwards. He did that with the Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Manny Pacquiao fight. Initially, Khan had Marquez winning and was down on Pacquiao. But Khan later changed his mind, saying that after seeing the fight again he was going with Pacquiao as the winner.
Will Khan do the same with the Cotto-Margarito fight? I saw the Marquez-Pacquiao fight and I saw Marquez winning it. I watched it several more times and I still see Marquez winning it. Of course, I’m not a close friend with Paquiao like Khan is.
Cotto was the more skillful fighter last time he fought Margarito and yet he still lost by an 11th round TKO. Skill is one thing, but conditioning and heart is something that negates skill. And that’s what got Margarito past Cotto last time – his heart and better conditioning.
Cotto is now three years older, and probably not in better condition today compare to last time. He also made mention that he wouldn’t sacrifice his life in the ring during a discussion with Max Kellerman of HBO, whereas Margarito said he’d be willing to die in the ring if he had to.
That’s really telling. When you got a better conditioned athlete who is willing to die facing a guy that is looking to protect his hide when the going gets tough, I think you got to go with the fighter that is in better condition and is willing to sacrifice his life to win. As such, I think Margarito wins this one and Khan is dead wrong with his prediction.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan with NO interest in fighting without fans present
- Khan wants Mayweather and Pacquiao before retiring
- Boxing’s Greatest Grudge Matches tonight on ESPNEWS
- Amir Khan: ‘Kell Brook needs me more than I need him’
- Amir Khan wants Manny Pacquiao fight in Qatar
- Nonito Donaire motivated for ‘The Takeover’ at 118
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division