Dirrell and St Juste pick Andre Ward to beat Carl Froch by decision
By Scott Gilfoid: If you wonder who will win the Super Six tournament fight on December 17th between WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch and World Boxing Association (WBA) champion Andre Ward then look further then top super middleweight contenders Anthony Dirrell and Renan St Juste, both of which are picking Ward to beat Froch by a 12 round decision.
Dirrell and St Juste go at it on Friday night, December 2nd, in a WBC super middleweight eliminator bout. The winner gets Froch or Ward depending on who comes out on top in the Froch-Ward fight.
Here is what the two talented fighters said:
Anthony Dirrell – “Andre Ward on a points decision.
Renan St Juste – “Ward, by a very little bit in a tight fight.”
There it is, people. Ward is being picked as the winner by two knowledgeable fighters. Who am I to argue with them?
If you look around at the various fighters in the boxing world, almost all of them are picking Ward to win this fight and scoop up the Super Six tournament trophy.
Winning the tournament is going to be huge for Ward, because it will make him a star, set him up for bigger fights and it could lead to endorsements in the near future. Ward already has won a gold medal in the 2004 Olympics for the United States. Winnng the Super Six tourney would be one more trophy for Ward’s growing trophy collection.
The trophy isn’t the important thing; it’s the respect from boxing fans after they realize that Ward is the best fighter in the super middleweight division. After Froch is done away with, there is only IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute as the last remaining champion for Ward to conquer.
More Boxing News:
- Froch: Whyte would give Fury as tough a fight as Joshua
- Andre Ward says Tyson Fury made MISTAKE announcing Joshua fight, giving Wilder motivation
- Andre Ward: ‘Shakur Stevenson has NO ceiling’
- Andre Ward talks Shakur Stevenson win over Caraballo
- Anthony Dirrell another option for Canelo Alvarez’s next fight
- Vasily Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez looking shaky for October 3
- Hearn offered 4 options to Canelo Alvarez, still NO reply
- Marriaga vs. Yap CANCELLED; Felix Verdejo and Will Madera make weight
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Fanlong Meng on September 25 in Ekaterinburg in Russia
- Chris Arreola has NO sympathy for Andy Ruiz Jr